Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MacBeth they said (ST)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

Chase's face had that perpetual smirk as he said, "Chase Covington," then, with a laugh he added, "And don't call me sir. I hate the title. I never earned it when I was alive and it's honestly far too stuffy to apply to me of all people."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:11 am

Sean, to his credit, smiled.

"So then, what should I call you? Late for Dinner? Mister Covington? Chase? Or something completely random, like a nickname or something -- Honey Boo-Boo, maybe?"

Okay, so the guy was a little bit of a smartass.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:16 am

Quietly, and entirely to herself, she snickered.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am

Rachel's cheeks went redder but a small smirk on her face she was trying to hide as he spoke to Chase. Yes Brujah did fit Sean well.
Back to top Go down
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Chase smirked as he said "Chase is fine... I think you'll fit just fine."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 pm

He had actually wondered if the man were going to punch him. When he didn't, he just laughed.

"Sorry. I figured there's no point in me trying to act like someone I'm not." He shrugged. "So, can someone explain this whole deal to me?"
Back to top Go down
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 pm

"Around us, there rally isn't a point, no. I'll let Griselda explain the deal as it stands. Then we'll go from there."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:05 pm

She nodded.

"So, Rachel told me that you know the basics. What we are, what you need to do. Some of the benefits and drawbacks of it. What she probably didn't explain is the draw that we and, specifically Chase, will have for you. It'll happen. You'll do what he says because you won't have much of a choice to do otherwise. As for what you are being taught? Well, that's going to be up to Chase. Otherwise, I'm not going to be able to tell you anything more until I know what it is that you've got questions about."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:07 pm

He could feel Rachel's eyes on him, a push for him to ask his questions and let any concerns be known now.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:26 pm

He looked thoughtful -- then he frowned.

"I guess my questions are really more for you," he said, nodding to Chase. "I'm being asked to make a decision that is going to drastically affect everything in my life. And I need to know what sort of man I'm going to be working for. I need to know what you, specifically, want from me."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Rachel softly said "He's not wanting to kill someone for no reason for example." she says lately.
Back to top Go down
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 am

Chase took a seat on the nearest available chair, "I've never been terribly good at this, at describing the kind of man I am, because at some point in the past six hundred or so years I've been just about every kind of man I can think of. I've been a murderous bastard with next to no morals, I've been a freedom fighter, I've been a liar, a cheat, a thief, and an assassin. By most accounts I'm still those last four. Liar; I'm a vampire, my existence necessitate lies and deceit. Cheat; I'm a man who's willing to take any advantage in a situation, especially a life or death situation, or where money's on the line, regardless of how unscrupulous the means are. Thief; I believe in an even distribution of wealth. I take from the haves and provide for the have nots. Assassin; For no less than three centuries I have served various domains. I have tracked, hunted, and killed countless mortals, kindred, and ghouls, not for money, but because it was deemed necessary for the greater good. I've killed kindred on either side of the lines, Camarilla, Sabbat, Anarch, Independent... That's not bragging, lad. It's more like the confession of my sins."

He paused for a moment before he said, "But that is not all I am. I am a member of House Tremere, a fact that you will never repeat to anyone outside this room. That means I am a student of magical arts and a delver of mysteries. But unlike many other Tremere who seek ever more power, my studies are geared toward helping those I care about and learning the things which make me more efficient in my work. I am also a Brujah," at this Chase smiled, "And if you accept, so too will you be Brujah."

"What it means to be Brujah is to be the inheritor of a legacy, great and honorable. We are warrior-poets and philosopher kings. We are dedicated to the idea of perfection of mind, body, and spirit. Passion is our birthright. We are baptized in blood, forged within the libraries and halls of academia, and then tempered strong in combat. To be Brujah is to have honor and wisdom, to dedicate yourself to the pursuit of perfection. Much of your time will be spent either on errand or in study or spiritual contemplation. You will have a good amount of time to yourself though as I have many other ghouls as well."

"But the most important thing about the Brujah is the passion of which I spoke. Our blood is like an ever burning fire that courses through our veins and it fills us. So strong is that passion that it threatens to consume us and sadly, it does consume some, who are not able to reign in their passion. We Brujah believe in protecting and shepherding the mortals. Once, my entire clan believed in shepherding humanity towards further greatness. Some of my clan, myself included, still believes in that goal."

"You want to know what kind of man I am? I'm a series of contradictions. I am a philosopher, a warrior, a poet. I am a professor and a blood magician. I am logic and mysticism. I am kind and I am cruel. I am honorable to those deserving os such honor and I am a rogue to those who deserve nothing better. I am the merciful hand of benevolence to those in need and I am the vengeful hand of retribution to those who would do wrong, to those who would harm the innocent. I am the kind of man who fights for what he believes is right using what ever method he deems appropriate. And what I will need from you is focus, diligence, trust, and loyalty. And I'll need to know exactly what you're good at, so I know how best to tailor your education amongst our society."

There might have been just a little bit of the old school Brujah to Chase as he'd spoken, indeed, he hadn't even realized that he'd inadvertently began using his force of personality to Awe the entire room.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:32 am

Rachel waited till Chase was done "Tremere and Brujah are types of Vampires. They have differences and stereo types. Tremere are for lack of a better term - "Wizards or Warlocks" and Brujah well they are the Warrior Poets." with a knowing tone to her voice but not saying anything more at this time.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:29 am

To the man's credit, he was listening attentively. His brows knit together as Chase continued to talk, a look of concentration coming across his face as Rachel explained more.

"Okay. So what I'm gathering from this is that you're both good and bad, depending on what the situation calls for. I'm going to be the first to tell you that I'm far from perfect -- I don't even come close. Getting loyalty from me isn't hard. I'm really only good at one thing, and that's working with my hands. I don't know if that's good enough for you or not, or if that's good enough for anything. You speak with a wisdom that I highly doubt I'll ever possess and with more poetry than I have in my entire family." He shrugged. "But I can say that I'll try. Just... I'm not really interested in being cruel for the sake of cruelty. That's just a dick move and while I've got a nice dick, it's not the most prominent of my features."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:45 am

At his comments about his dick, Rachel blushed dark red, with a look at Griselda, and a lean into Salif.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:50 am

With a chuckle of amusement, she reached out to lightly tug at Chase's hair. An affectionate gesture, definitely.

"I swear, he sounds like a few other people I know."
Back to top Go down
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:45 pm

Chase's face broke into a slight smirk and Griselda could see that sort of glint in his eyes.

"Lad, I'm never cruel for the sake of cruelty. I was, once upon a time, but I'm not interested in tearing down the world or her people, but rather building it all up. While I'm very, very good at torture, it's not something I like, or something I do often. Poetry and Wisdom, skill in battle and in the debate hall... that all comes with time and age and you will live for a very long time. As for working with your hands, well then you're a lad after my own heart. If you'd like I can teach you a fair bit about both architecture and engineering while we're at it and I'll have Knox give you access to the tools."

"You don't get stir crazy if you have to sit and study or meditate for long periods, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:56 pm

He just blinked at Chase.

"Uh, no. It's kind-of what I do when I'm not working."
Back to top Go down
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Chase nodded before he looked to Griselda, "He'll do just fine."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:11 pm

Rachel look to Griselda with a hopeful look at her.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:45 pm

She smiled.

"Then you should probably go ahead and be done with the first part of it -- and take him home."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Summers
Methuselah
Rachel Summers

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Rachel chewed her lower lip and waited for the two men's responses.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Sean looked a little bit lost, but it wasn't really up to him to answer at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Chase Covington
Methuselah
Chase Covington

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:25 pm

"You know how this is done?" he looked at Sean.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Sean shook his head.

"Not exactly. Rachel said something about drinking blood or something like that?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MacBeth they said (ST)   MacBeth they said (ST) - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MacBeth they said (ST)
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Central Florida State College Campus-
Jump to: