Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage Empty
PostSubject: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Her phone rang. Charlie's number lighting up the display.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:49 pm

"Hello?" was a familiar smokey voice.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:54 pm

"Hey, it's Charlie" one could practically hear that sweet smile of his across the line. "I was wondering if you'd mind some company? Perhaps have a go at that piano of yours again?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:55 pm

"I'm here no plans so come on over." with a smile he can feel back.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:02 pm

"Just need you to buzz me up then" the youth who could obviously be cheeky when he wanted to, chuckled softly. Apparently already at the entrance to the building.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:05 pm

'Hold on." hitting the buzzer "What if I was busy?"
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:13 pm

"Then my gamble would've been a failure and I'd have been sent home like a fool" the youth's voice laughed before hanging up shortly after the sound of a door opening and closing could be heard.

Not long after that again came a tapping on her apartment door. Charlie cradling a large bouquet of red roses when the door was opened, flashing her a wide smile as he tilted his head to the side.
"I must apologize for the horrible cliché" he said, as he offered her the flowers. "But I always did like classical"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 pm

"Oh Charlie you didn't have too, but they are beautiful." a quick kiss on the cheek, then heading to the kitchen to try and find a vase to put the flowers in.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:23 pm

He closed his eyes for a moment as she kissed him, a smile to his lips as he watched her leave for the kitchen while closing the door behind him and pulling off his jacket while he slipped off his shoes. Old habit. He would never get used to wearing shoes indoors.

"Glad you like them" he spoke up as he walked over to the kitchen himself, leaning his shoulder against the door frame with his hands tucked in his pockets. "I don't know your favourite flowers so I was bold enough to choose one of mine instead"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:27 pm

"Tiger lilies are my favorite flower." with a grin at him. "I know a stubborn weed." as she arranges the flowers. Taking a deep breath of the flowers "Oh Charlie they are lovely."
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:32 pm

"Beautiful flowers for a beautiful woman" the youth smiled. "Only fair isn't it? Though next time, I'll make sure to find you tiger lilies" Charlie said with a soft chuckle, watching her with a look that said he was happy just to see her smile.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:42 pm

She smiles at him, "I bought a beginner piano book I hope you don't mind." reaching over for his hand and then giving him a quick hug again. Picking up the flowers and carrying them to the coffee table. Bending over to do a few more adjustments to the roses, another deep breath and a devastating smile at him.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 pm

"Oh, I don't mind at all" the youth smiled as he returned the hug before following her to the other room. His eyes briefly moving over her before meeting her eyes as she turned around, flashing him a smile that made it clear as day why Sam had first fallen for her. Not that there weren't enough reasons to do that, but that smile? Oh, he could see Sam falling for someone who could smile like that.

"You keep doing that and I might be too distracted to learn though" Charlie chuckled.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Greer chuckled "Oh I think you're humoring me, but come on." lifting the piano bench and pulling out "Piano Basics" and set it up for Charlie. She then gets a secretive smile as she pats the piano bench and then says "Please sit down so I can start the basics with the book.'
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm

"I was told never to argue with a Lady's wishes"

He walked to her and sat down on the bench next to her, a light movement of his hands towards the piano suggesting that this was her show rather than his.
"Basics then" Charlie looked to her with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Greer again showed him where to put his fingers, how to read music, and patiently walks him through the first chapter of the piano book.

She smells faintly of citrus, her hair twisted up loosely, and her soft sultry voice staying calm the whole time.

"Ready to practice?" with a smile leaning across him to start the metronome.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:17 pm

The youth had an eye for details and seemed to remember quite accurately what he was told, repeating the patterns and movements with some accuracy. Accuracy though does not instantly transcribe into feeling, but he seemed like he might have some potential.
When asked if he was ready to practice he nodded his head.
"Yes, I think so"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:19 pm

"Good." with a bright smile, standing up and then waiting to hear him practice.

Her simple lavender wrap dress, seemed almost too demure for her to be wearing, and she was barefoot, with perfectly pedicured toes in a deep plum color.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:25 pm

As before, the details were not lost on him, though he kept his focus on the piano and the music as he sought to repeat the small piece she'd been helping him memorize. Manicured hands moving across the keys with a light touch, rarely missing though the piece could do with a bit more flow which would undoubtedly come with a bit more practice.
All the while though, he was keeping her or her shadow in the corner of his eye even if his focus was on the task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 pm

She was pacing quietly while he practiced, listening to his playing, and gently twisting a piece of hair. Trying very hard not to hum as he practices. Her movement is graceful, she seems to move with a natural sensuality.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Repeating the short piece, he seemed to be getting a better hang of it with each repetition. A lingering smile to his pale lips despite the look of concentration to his features as he played.

He repeats it a few more times before allowing the last note to linger and fade away on its own as he turned to face Greer.
"What do you think? Lost cause or...?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:39 pm

"A natural for sure. Do you feel the little jaunty tune?" looking at his face for an answer. Gently brushing his hair out of his face.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:44 pm

"I'm not sure I know what you mean?" he smiled a bit apologetically as he tilted his head to the side.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:47 pm

Greer playfully bumps him just a little so she can sit more in the middle of the bench "This is technically perfect or close." with a smile. She plays the tune exactly. "This is how I hear it." playing a bit faster, more stucco to and when she's done.

"One is technically perfect and the other is music." with a look at Charlie to see if he was following her.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Cusack
Methuselah
Charlie Cusack

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:52 pm

"Oh" the youth nodded his head. "Of course" he smiled at her. "The difference between a piece with soul and one that just mimics having one"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage   Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muscial lessons (Greer, open) - Gilded Cage
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next