Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven Empty
PostSubject: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 3:22 pm

A walk along the beach ended at the door to Marvin's home, He would not discount the invitation and a shareing of information would likely prove useful to both.

Stepping to the door, he rapped twice upon it with his cane.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:37 am

Marvin came to the door, and opened it, dressed instead of the usual dark greys and blacks, in loud board shorts and a hawaiian shirt.

"Ah Mr. Morton, thank you for coming, please come in" he smiled.

"It's not much but it's comfortable, I regret I have nothing in the form of refreshments to drink" he said as he showed his guest in.

(OOC, missed this post altogether, sorry)
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 2:34 pm

"Refreshment is not required, I prefer mine fresh anyway."

Following Marvin into the home, examining the decor and style. Architecture was an interest of his, and the style that each person chose told a great deal about them, and the way they thought.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:15 pm

The home was typical of Florida beach houses of the 70's from the outside. Inside was a dark brown colored carpet, rich leather furnishings, a hardwood entertainment center, and a few framed pieces of art showing the seasons of New England. A bookshelf filled with works of popular fiction, as well as many technical books on computers covered one wall. His music and video libraries were not visible and presumably all digitized. What was most striking was how everything in the house was organized to be in neat, perfectly ordered lines.

He nodded "I have not kept servants in a long time, I found my last experience distasteful, so I cannot even offer fresh, thank you for your understanding and visit."

He sat down and invited the Warlock to do so.

"I had another vision, this time with the symbol of the Tremere in it, and a bloody wrench."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Both facts drew his attention, looking at the available chair, then slowly making his way onto it, with what seemed some trepidation. He did not care for casual visits in others homes, as he rarely felt comfortable anywhere other than his own home.

"Tell me of the details of your vision."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:20 pm

"I saw a mask, and heard a record playing an eerie background music. A bleeding wrench and other objects hidden in shadows were placed upon an alter by figures in black cloaks. Once all of them are on the alter, they dissolve into blood... and magic. The blood rises from the air and takes a the form of a bloody looking symbol of your clan"

"Then a voice spoke, and said 'Give Warning, the threat is real' "

Marvin frowned "Mr. Morton, it seems I have been the last one to find out that the Tremere are involved in this, and it cost me mockery in front of the Prince, and I suspect the Sheriff was amused that I finally figured it out. I am somewhat... agitated over this."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 pm

Listening intently in regard to the vision, yet raising an eyebrow at the mention of mockey before the Prince.

"If someone chose to mock you for the fact that they figured out some fact before you, then they are petty. If you are concerned that I did not inform you that my clan was involved, I was intentionally vague so that you would not interject bias or assumption into the interpretation of your visions." His temperment was calm, it was likely the mockery was as much an assult against Marvin as it was against the Tremere as a whole.

Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:18 pm

He considered Victor's words. "Fair enough. And yes, it was petty, I've had issues with a lot of petty people of late, and this one finally put me over the top. I've taken steps to rectify his errors though." he smiled at the thought of the work he'd put into the virus and other things.

"So the Tremere are allies in this, and a powerful group are having visions and using these artifacts to give warning? Has anything else shown up? A bloody wrench out of context is not helpful."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:00 am

"Yes, to all your questions. Just last night two items have been brought to my attention, brought about in the same fashion as the others. A candle stick and a pipe, both used in an act of violence some time in the past, I would imagine the wrench is another item we have yet to find."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:09 am

"A candlestick, a pipe and a wrench?" he sounded and looked both surprised and amused

"Where were they found?"

"Now we just need the... knife and revolver since the noose has already shown... in a shop full of knives and guns. A board game, called Clue, or in the UK Cluedo. Using dice and cards, you can create a random scenario to solve a fictitious crime. There are one of six possible murder weapons, and several different suspects and rooms where the murder could take place. A possible outcome for instance would be 'Mr. Plum in the library with the lead pipe' "
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 am

"The pipe was found on a bench in the city park, the Candlestick hidden in some brush outside of the domain. So the question becomes, who is to be murdered, or shall I say Sacrificed."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:52 am

"I think we have that answer already Mr. Morton... in the game, the master of the house was the murder victim. I am presuming you too are the master of your family's house in this city? Is this Tremere politics, come to roost in this city, or does it involve the Tremere as a side effect?"

"We have one set of clues that gives warning of religious or faith based activities. We have another set that suggests the murder of someone. Perhaps we will get a third round that like the game helps us determine who the killer would be. Do you have those objects so that I might study them? And do you think you could persuade the Sheriff or the Prince to have the city scoured for more artifacts, and to question each person in town?"

He paused "I believe I am rather unpopular with the one you told me of, Raz0r, which in turn can influence the entire social circle of the Sheriff. I may be a social hinderence to your investigation. "

As he well knew, being in good social standing was sometimes the first and most important step to getting deeper into the system. And he lacked it in spades.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:50 am

"While I can not guarentee the degreee of my Clans political reasons for involvement in this matter, as the politics tended to outside of the domain I reside in are of little interest to me. What I believe is that this is a young Domain, surrounded by the Sabbat and my clan holds both those matters as important. Any enemy here is a threat to the Camarilla as a whole, and as such my clan involves itself."

The concept of this bering some similarity to a board game was almost offensive, yet he could not argue with the similarities.

"Yes, it would be best if I spoke with the Sheriff again, the more of these items found and the sooner they are indeed found the better, and if your involvement botheres them, then all the better for me, I shall indeed have to give you a fair amount of credit when this is done, just to spite them.." He really did enjoy pissing off people sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:36 am

Marvin smiled "You are fortunate in that you can spite more people than most can, and get away with it. "

"There was another vision, of an ancient and powerful figure cloaked in shadows, that caused Cass to be held in a protective hand, that warned me not to upset that which wasn't mine. This followed an argument we had, which we also cleared up fairly soon thereafter. Is this ancient and powerful figure that is watching Cass, also tied in to all of this?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 pm

"It is possible that the figure is one of the same who bring the items to us, they presented themselves to her, directing her towards me. She has a part to play in all of this as well."

His brow raised, his face twisted some in a 'I really get tired of people being cowards' sort of look. "People fear that which knows not of fear. I decided early on to face the consequences of my decisions without regret, that is how I earned my reputation. Oderint dum metuant, Let them hate, so long as they fear”
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:09 pm

He nodded "The man who doesn't give a damn is the most dangerous, for he's already indicated he has nothing to lose."

"I'm not sure there is much else I can offer at the moment, although I'm willing to gaze upon the objects you have to see if there is a new vision that might come from them."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:37 pm

"Once I have gathered more I shall return to have you look upon them, in the hopes of greater clarity of vision. As of right now, I do not know the alter your vision showed they should be set upon."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

"An altar is usually a holy place where sacrifice is made, or worship is conducted. But too, a person can construct their own altar if needed... ahh not enough information here."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm

"Perhaps the church, it has connection to me, and was a center or worshop for the domain. Agents of God might have taken offense that I burned it down." He said it with such ease, his conciounce held no guilt at all.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:06 pm

"Why did you... oh never mind. Perhaps that is the altar, but it is hard to make guesses still. Much conjecture. I suppose I could study the location itself for a vision."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 pm

"Yes, it would likely be worthy of investigation by your sight, as to the reason I will inform you after you have looked upon the site if you still wish."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:40 pm

"I do, but I would prefer to do it from inside your car, as if I have another case of the bleeding eyeballs, the Masquerade will be safe."

He frowned thinking "For that matter, is there a way you could show me the entire city at once? That might be worth studying, even though it risks being overwhelming."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

"A drive to the church would be acceptable. As to showing you the city, yes it would be possible, yet the same could be accomplished with the use of a Helicopter or airplane." He thought of several other ways he could reveal the city, none of which he was willing to offer, or that Marvin could comprehend even if he were to allow it.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:55 pm

He nodded "I will do the church whenever you wish, and if you can find a masquerade safe pilot, I would look upon the city from the air."
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:09 pm

"Arrangements can be made, the pilot need not see what happens behind them. As to the church, I have already set time to visit, if you are willing tonight would be acceptable to me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven   Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allies and Answers - Marvin's Haven
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next