Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse Empty
PostSubject: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:49 am

Henrietta had set out a beautiful spread of wines, fruit, and cheeses in her living room.  She had set the stage for a very civilized conversation.  She wanted this to go well, wanted this time to be better than the last.  She would never stop trying.

Last edited by Storyteller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:08 pm

It wasn't long before Ren rang the bell.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Henri moved to open the door. She smiled when she saw Ren standing there, gesturing her inside.

"You don't have to knock, you know. That's why I gave you keys."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 pm

She entered, a smile on her lips that didn't quite meet her eyes. "I know. I'm still getting used to it."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Henri laughed as she closed the door, ushering Ren into the living room.

"So I guess I shouldn't ask your opinion on the colors for your room?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

"Golden yellow, if you feel I need a place here."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:52 pm

She chuckled.

"If I am offering you my place to go to ground, I am Parisian enough to give you your own room to do so in. Much more civilized than the couch, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:58 pm

"It's a pretty comfy couch."

"Thank you, Henri."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:01 pm

She sat down in one of the chairs, and gestured for Ren to take either the other chair or the couch.

"You are family. And it seems that being of a certain kind of honor in this town can be dangerous. So while I will help you to fly, as will Jim and Rai and I'm sure others, we all fully intend to catch you if you fall, and rip to pieces anything that you can't handle yourself."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Ren settled gracefully into the other chair.

"I'm grateful for that." She hesitated. "I'm just worried I stepped on some toes with this Sam thing..." She had trouble getting the words out. "Scion's already asking questions. When he finds out it was me...." She was already beating herself up pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Henri nodded her understanding.

"It will be hard. But you will stand up to him as many times as it takes, and your family will stand behind you, to catch you if you fall, and to kick his ass if he pushes too hard."

She sighed and reached for a bottle of white wine.

"That is part of what I wanted to speak with you about tonight. But first, please, if you desire anything on the table before you, help yourself."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm

She reached for a piece of cheese. She really had no appetite, but she didn't want to appear rude. "Thank you."

She waited for the questions to begin.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Henri let the silence sit while she poured herself a glass of the white, then re-corked it and set it down. Then she leaned back in her chair and gazed across at Ren.

"Love, I see in you the will to better yourself. You came into this life a bounty hunter, and while that is a laudable occupation, I think you want something more. Something that will take just as much work as becoming a good bounty hunter takes. I would like to know what that is."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Henri was likely going to think she was crazy. Most did. "Hand of God." She said softly.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Apparently this was an expected answer. She didn't seem surprised in the least.

"I thought so. And Abraham is here to help you with this goal in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:13 pm

"Yes. He said I have been watched. That the time was right for me to be approached."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:47 pm

She nodded.

"Do you think he would be offended if someone else were to see to your physical training? I do not pretend to know anything about the path of God, but I do know much about how to protect and kill."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:49 pm

"I can ask. Though I don't imagine that learning different forms will be an issue."
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 pm

She smiled.

"Would you be adverse being my student? I can offer you much more than merely physical training, and I doubt that any of it would conflict with what you need to become the Hand of God."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

"What will it cost me?" It certainly wasn't asked with any of the vitriol spewed by Sam. She was simply realistic, and liked to know what she was going to owe.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:02 pm

She chuckled.

"Oh, you do know how our society works, don't you? What I would ask, you've already given me freely."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:08 pm

"I know enough to know that very little comes for free." She gazed out the window for a moment. "What have I already given?"
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 pm

She smiled and took a sip of her wine before speaking.

"Your trust and loyalty."
Back to top Go down
Ren
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:11 pm

"My trust and loyalty are to Him first." Her eyes flicked up to the ceiling, indicating which 'him' she meant.
Back to top Go down
Henrietta Moreau
Methuselah
Henrietta Moreau

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 pm

She nodded with a smile.

"I would never think myself more than Him. Nor do I ask for your unquestioning loyalty. I trust you to know when to ask questions, and when to trust that I know what I am asking you to do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse   Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Again (Ren) - Henri's Penthouse
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: