Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opening (Open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:07 pm

The shop was open when the owner was in residence. And as she was working in the back with the door open, though her music was blaring, the door was propped open to let in the cool air. It's not like she had to worry about waking the neighbors, or anything.

So she was chipping away at the marble, hosing it down as she worked her way through the layers with slow, meticulous care. She seemed to be working around the head, though it had features as yet.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 am

Well, no one could blame her for looking right? Even if it was a Toreador place.

So the Caitiff was standing outside the window, looking in at the various projects with some interest as clay and stone was not something she often worked with herself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

She was moving around in the back, and the place was welcoming enough. Her limp was less pronounced as she moved from her stool around to make sure her work was doing well.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 pm

She didn't wish to interrupt, but she was curious, which was why she moved to take a closer look. Though, without getting too close obviously. The woman was after all working, and while the blonde could see her through the door, she wasn't going to barge into her workshop and surprise her or ruin her work flow.
What it meant though was that she took a look around, checking out pieces that were displayed out in the shop. And because she knew her own creations, she kept Diego hanging from her belt rather than let him walk around.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 pm

The pieces on display were very well done, and were of varying styles. Mostly, though, they were mythological creatures. Nymphs and Undines, Satyrs and Fauns.

After a few minutes, the music cut out, and the proprietor limped into view.

"Hello!"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Mythological creatures had always fascinated her though, the blonde having leaned down to look at one of the faun sculptures when she heard Aubrey's voice.
"Oh, hey" the Caitiff straightened up and turned to face her a smile. Dressed as she normally was, the jeans were accompanied by a pink, black and yellow top and black and green skate shoes. A slightly too large hoodie had been pulled over the top and hanging from her belt was a teddy bear.

"I hope I'm not interrupting, I'm just having a look around" she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 pm

She shook her head.

"I needed a break. I'd lost the picture of the face, and I need to get that back in my head before I continue."

She limped forward, grabbing up a crutch from next to the door and using it to help her.

"What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Instinct said to go help her, though as she grabbed the crutch the Caitiff reminded herself that the woman was probably more than capable of taking care of herself, limp or no, and that some people might take offence at being offered help when they could manage just fine.

"You do beautiful work" she smiled. "I've never worked much with stone, so, it's fascinating to see how someone can turn a block of rock into something like this" he motioned towards the nearest sculptures.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:31 pm

She did seem to move just fine, leg brace and crutch helping her move. She stopped at the faun with a smile.

"I've always seen the shapes that are inside wood, stone, and marble. Most clay wants to become something else. It's a gift. What medium do you work in?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:35 pm

"Oh, uhm" she gave a small shrug of her shoulders and smiled apologetically. "I'm just a toymaker" the blonde said. "It's a little of this and that really"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm

She smiled brightly.

"Toys! Oh, how wonderful. Did you make him?"

She pointed to Diego, hanging from her hip.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:47 pm

The teddy bear looked a little worn, a little old. He had been patched up a few times though skillfully so. His fake fur a lacking a bit of the colour it had once had, but he was Diego. Still the toymaker's pride and joy, and shame... though few knew that.

She smiled and puled the bear from her belt, holding him up much like one might a child.
"Yeah, say hi Diego" and the bear did, as best he could anyways, as he lifted his head and then a furry little paw to wave at the woman.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 pm

She gasped, and gave a small wave back to the bear.

"Oh, he's beautiful. Hello, Diego. Do you like my work as well?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 pm

The teddy bear blinked with button eyes and nodded his head yes.

"He does" Teddy said. "Though he's also likely to break stuff which is why he's not allowed to wander around in here" to which the bear hung his head much like a child would've done when told there was something he wasn't allowed to do.
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:15 pm

She laughed.

"I doubt he could break my work, but my tools are thankful. Perhaps he could play with a bit of clay?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:34 pm

"He'd make a horrible mess out of it I'm afraid. But thanks for offering" she smiled, hanging the teddy bear back in her belt despite a few protests from the toy as he flailed his arms in a "I don't wanna!" manner.

"You have a really nice place here. I'm glad Cassiel's vision is starting to take form with people like you moving your work into this place"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:04 pm

She nodded, leaning heavily on her crutch.

"I believe Miyu will be opening a school for blades, but I hope others move in soon. This should be where all the artist of the area reside."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:07 pm

"I think that sounds like a wonderful thing. I really really do hope this place is a success. But with Cassiel's dedication, how can it not be?" she chuckled. "Would be nice to see your Clan being active like that"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:08 pm

She nodded.

"Artists need a sense of community that I think has been rather lacking here."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:16 pm

The blonde nodded again.
"You're right. It's been lacking and this will hopefully be just the thing to turn it around" she smiled. "And with talent like yours and Cassiel's and the others of your family. It's bound to become an amazing thing"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:34 pm

She smiled softly.

"It is not just for Toreador, you know."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:58 pm

"Most of the artists around here of our kind are of your Clan though" she smiled. "And this is part of helping your Clan become more tightly knit. That being said though, there are those around who're not Toreador who could probably contribute. I know of an amazingly talented singer for starters"
Back to top Go down
Aubrey
Ancilla
Aubrey

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 pm

She smiled.

"Oh? Who's that?"
Back to top Go down
Alex Rourke
Methuselah
Alex Rourke

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 1:15 am

"I think she's referring to Miss Greer Harrington," came the smooth voice of the Gangrel as he entered, overhearing the conversation.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, if I am. I can come back..."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 2:00 am

"Yeah" she nodded as Alex answered before her. "Greer's the one. And no worries, you're not interrupting anything""
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opening (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening (Open)   Opening (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next