Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach Empty
PostSubject: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:47 pm

It was their normal fortitude training day and time. The bird landed and transformed matter-o-factly and let herself in to the house and looked for Teddy.

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

She'd had Medwyn drop her off there since, well, training and all. So the Gangrel would find the toymaker sitting in the living room, legs tucked into a lotus position, hands resting in her lap and eyes closed while slowly breathing despite having no deep to breathe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ife.no
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 pm

"Pup! Today is the day you test the strength of your blood! Today I teach you a power of the elders!" Eve declared, extending her arm out to match the epicness of the statement. The she started chuckling at herself.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 1:55 pm

The blonde opened her eyes and blinked.
"Eh, the what?" she sounded a bit confused, but then again, she had no clue what the Gangrel was on about so no wonder she was confused.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:05 pm

"I call it: Glowy Pain Resistance! Sounds cooler in Romanian. But others call it sensory shield. I will show you what we will be teaching you."

Eve closed her eyes and then opened them. Her eyes were glowing with an errie hot white light and when she spoke light emitted from her mouth in the same fashion.

"If I use beast eyes or the auspex you teach me, bright lights and noises won't stun me. It makes your senses tough as nails and sharp, no matter what craziness is going on. And also, pain hurts way way less. Very good for a fight! And it's fucking bad ass."

"It is fortitude of the mind!" She tapped her head.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm

"I just had a flashback to the flashlight aliens from Numb3rs" she kinda smirked, knowing the comment would most likely be lost on the Gangrel anyways as the blonde untangled her legs and moved to get up. Her head tilted curiously to the side as she looked at the Gangrel.
"I.. might not be able to learn that you know? If it's an Elder thing"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:22 pm

"Maybe, but also, maybe not. I saw you do that shadow teleport thingy, that is pretty rare for even old lasombra."

"So, you are very good at Auspex and we will use this to our advantage! You will heighten your senses with Auspex and then we will do bright lights and sounds that would normally hurt your senses. Until it doesn't hurt any more, then we do more noises and sounds and finally you will drive down a highway in a car with heightened senses."

It was a very dangerous suggestion.

"And one your eyes glow we will know you are good and we will begin to know your blood for its strength."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Oh... she'd nearly forgotten about that to be honest...
"I don't really know what's considered normal or not when it comes to disciplines" she had to admit. "The things I knew by blood.. not as if I ever really looked into them or knew who to ask, you know?" the blonde said, chewing on her lip.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:53 pm

"That is why I am here! If you cannot learn this then we will know and that is a good thing, but if you can then we will continue pushing your limits until we know them."

"So first is flashlight trial! You got a flashlight?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:57 pm

"Uhm yeah, sure" she had several in fact. Some good, some less good, some of the "omg it was cute and I know it's not gonna last more than two hours but I got it on impulse".
She moved over to open a drawer, going through it and pulling out what looked like a tiny little flashlight.

"I't a lot stronger than it looks" Teddy reassured her, turning it on and showing the various settings, all of which was controlled by simply clicking on one button. So, it ought to be Gangrel safe.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Eve tested it out by hitting the button a couple time.

"Good good, now make it dark as you can and heighten your senses. Make them really sharpy and then I will randomly flash the light... hey uh, before we get going, am I gunna meet your adopted sire? White Dove? Proper like?"
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Auspex and flashlight sounded like it was going to hurt.

She nodded.
"Yeah, we should see to that actually" the blond smiled, pausing by the light switch. "I think mentor might be the more correct term when all is said and done, though, yeah. I think you'd like her to be honest. She's very sweet, though you've already seen her so I guess that part is pretty obvious"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 pm

Oh yes, it was going to hurt, but like the candle test, they were starting small and working up slowly.

"Ya, I seen her, she is protective of you which is good, but I'd like to meet her proper."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:14 pm

She nodded again.
"Absolutely" Teddy smiled. "She would love to meet you too. I'll talk to her, deal?"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:16 pm

"Good! Ok, nice and dark now, tell me when you're all super sharp." Eve said quietly, mindful of the fact that Teddy might already be using Auspex.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:21 pm

She turned off the lights, and the house being where it was, near the beach without any too-close neighbours, turned pretty dark as she even moved to close the curtains.
"Alright..." deep breath as the heightened senses of Auspex were put to work. "If I jump or scream? I just wanna apologize in advance" because yeah, it could very well happen.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:26 pm

"It's alright." Eve whispered, her voice easily understood by the skilled caitiff. She could easily see Eve walked around, overly casually, looking at things in the house.

Then she turned around and pointed the flashlight at Teddy, but instead of turning it on she screamed... loudly.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 pm

Oh dear God, her ears!

She immediately cringe, covering her ears with a choked sound. Auspex really was such a bitch when it backfired. Given, this time around they were doing it on purpose, but that didn't make it hurt any less.

"Oh for f..." she needed a couple of moments to force herself to lower her hands again.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Eve gently patted Teddy and whispered, "These things won't bother you once we learn this thing. You will be safe from this pain. Tell me when you're ready to try again."
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 3:32 pm

She nodded, a smile making it to her lips even in the dark.
"I'm ready" she could do this. Or try to do it anyways. Physical pain was, after all, simply physical pain. And it passed.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 pm

Eve would switch between using the light and screaming randomly, sometimes she'd do both at once, always aiming to surprise Teddy so she didn't preempt the assault.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm

The Caitiff was, when she wanted to, quite alert. But at the moment, alert didn't really work since it was tinged with the knowledge that she could, at any given moment, have her senses shell shocked through overload. So she ended up walking as if on egg shells and probably jumping more than had she just been able to relax properly.

Could Kindred get headaches? She was pretty sure she was getting one after a good while of sensory abuse.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:50 pm

After a good hour of careful torture Eve, flipped on the light for one final shock.

"Alright! That is enough for the night! If you want you can let Mewdyn help you train at home! Same principle as before, slowly increase exposure to the pain until it doesn't hurt, but don't push yourself TOO much! Slow and steady, no sense in needlessly hurting yourself."

"You did good." Eve grinned.
Back to top Go down
Teddy Blue
Methuselah
Teddy Blue

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Her ears were hurting, her eyes felt sore, and still she smile as she rubbed her eyes with her hands and nodded to the Gangrel.
"Alright, I can do that...." and dizzy, she felt a little dizzy so she sat down on the floor while her head tried to readjust to the world once her senses were back to their usual self. "And thanks, I don't feel like I did good though" she couldn't help but chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Eve sat down with her and laughed. "It is hard, you did very good, you didn't give up! But now is rest time." Eve gave the blonde a side-hug.

"How is the rest of your life? Good?" Her voice was still soft, unusual for Eve as she was generally very loud and explosive in everything she did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach   Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking the Barrier (Teddy) - Sunflower Beach
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next