Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor Empty
PostSubject: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:06 am

She sat behind her desk going over some papers while she waited for the newest member of her clan to arrive.

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:53 am

The armored Lincoln Navigator pulled up to the manse and a suited passenger exited the front seat. After scanning the area, the man went to the rear door and opened it. Sliding out, Duncan stood near the vehicle and reached back inside to retrieve a small leather satchel, worn but cared for.

With a nod to the suited one, Duncan made his way up to the entryway of the domicile.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 pm

The door was opened by a man who looked very much the butler. He looked over the man.

"Mr. MacIntyre?"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:17 pm

"I am," He said with a slight smile. "I believe I am quite expected." The slight New York Irish accent still present lent a bit of lightness to his words.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:21 pm

He nodded.

"If you will follow me."

And he didn't actually wait for a response. Just turned to walk into the house, expecting to be followed.
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:21 pm

A nod and he did follow the butler to where she was located.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:58 pm

The office he was led to was on the first floor, and very business like. The man opened the door and announced him.

"Mr. MacIntyre to see you, ma'am."

The voice that came from inside was soft, but all business.

"Thank you, Richard."

When he entered the room she was sitting behind her desk, looking at the door with a piercing gaze. Seeming to size up everything he was.
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Duncan, for his part, returned the gaze.

"Good Evening Countess..." He said. "I hope I am not late- traffic between Fort Lauderdale and here was a bit rough. Port Saint Lucie was rather busy."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 pm

She gestured to one of the chairs.

"Welcome to my home, Mr. MacIntyre."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:25 am

"My thanks."

Duncan walked over and took a seat. "Now then..." He said as he opened the briefcase. "If you don't mind my going straight to business, What is required for Hospitality here other than documents providing bonafides and what can you tell me about Fort Lauderdale-Miami area?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 am

She didn't seem adverse to going straight to business.

"Your letters will be enough. I, of course, would like to know more. But the Prince does not. I will warn you, he hates our clan, and the only one he seems willing to do business with is our Baron."

She gave a small chuckled at that.

"As for Fort Lauderdale-Miami, they were recently cleared of Sabbat by the Fiends, of all people. I believe they are still clear, but not many of our Sect live down there, so it should be good territory for you."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:49 pm

A nod. "I heard a rumor that one of the aforementioned but cam-aligned, an Anton de Sforza, was claiming Miami. This still true? Nothing has been heard of him in some time... which means he played an elaborate prank or his Grace had him Axed in an old fashioned turf war. I hate to step on toes," He replied. "At least unnecessarily unless its unavoidable due to business expansion or interests. Then its a note of apology and perhaps a gift to assuage any butt-hurt involved."

A smile. "What is it would you like to know other than where I've been and who I've duked out of property?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 7:55 pm

She smiled.

"Anton has not been heard from in some time. And as I am his superior, I would know. You will be safe."

Then she turned her eyes back down to the papers on her desk.

"I want to know everything. What you bring to the clan, what skills you possess. That sort of thing. I have been out of touch for a short while."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:18 pm

"If you don't mind... I'll make a note of that." Duncan replied. "What I bring to the clan... good question. What I bring to clan is much like my mentor and sire has... strong ties to the Syndicates that run various less-than-legal enterprises up and down the eastern and western seaboards. Strong ties to various entities responsible for maintaining Order and the system that runs things...

City Managers, Judges, various bureaucrats in charge of local and state agencies...,"
He replied. "I've contacts and ties to many all over. Solid ties.... if I don't someone I know does. I bring unusual revenue streams- mostly above board and clean from being eyeballed by Federal Eyes... None of it able to be sniffed out easily either. They are that good and that clean- not so clean they squeak though- that's guaranteed to attract the feebs..."

A pause. "I managed the Black Tartan in San Francisco and earned my Membership in Council and The Trust in New York- Brooklyn and the Lower East Side. Hard to do when your Irish, trust me..." He said. "A shotgun to a shovelhead's face got me the White Cross when they hit a business I was conducting an interview in...

He leaned back. "So that's me, what I do and what I have done. My apologies for being direct about it... its been rare that anyone asks about it.
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 pm

She nodded along with what he said.

"Interesting. And what brings you here?"

If she was disturbed by anything he said, she didn't show it. She was just conducting an interview.
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

"Business interests..." Duncan replied. "My firm has properties in several cities and the latest project is almost complete. I'm here to see the final pieces of it to completion. It's also Florida- I have plenty of family here as well as several business partners to entertain. Making sure I dot I's and cross T's is good business sense...

Had I managed to get down here before the turn of the year, I'd have already been in Miami when it was claimed."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:24 pm

She nodded.

"I see. Is claiming territory something that interests you?"
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:19 pm

"Claiming the physical, No... expanding my business interests and influences along with maintaining their viability is what interests me." He said. "Territory can be many things... and not just land. What interests you?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 pm

She chuckled.

"Owning my part of the world. But mostly keeping myself interested in living. I am doing this by working to own the raillines and other such industries."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 pm

"Rail in Florida is a difficult undertaking, Ms Lowrey," Duncan replied. "There is not that much of it and many are the fingers in that pie, from Russian Brujah to Spanish Nosferatu or so my own sources told me when I thought about it. So I don't. Safer for my other assets that way."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 pm

She chuckled.

"That's just one aspect of my plans. And I find that if you ask the correct way, they'll share. It's the give and take of business, and I love it."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:08 pm

"Very true... though I think the Nos understand it far more than the Brujah. The dumber Russian ones really only understand the power of violence and how much of it you command when they conduct a deal," He said. "Or so my mentor explained. Considering I had to show up to a meet between a Russian boss and a Capo of the Genovese with a small heavy crew, it lends a bit of proof to the stereotype."

Duncan shook his head. "I try not to have dealings with them if I can. They make the Mickey Mousers in Los Angeles look smart.

A pause. "On a different note... who else is family in this burg and whats their line?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:25 pm

"Shauna McCade, who know snot her line. And Baron Johnathon Grant, of the Anarchs."
Back to top Go down
Duncan M.
Neonate
Duncan M.

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm

A slight smile. "Sorry... I meant what's their biz, not necessarily their bloodline though that's valuable to know too..." He said. "My apologies... I'm looking to establish a bit more and need to know who is looking at what before launching any efforts in places. And we have an Anarch you say? Is he worth a shit or are you letting him run around thinking he's all that and a bag of chips?
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:27 am

She smiled.

"Of all of the family, he is the most worth my time. Ms. McCade is a firefighter and almost useless to me. I have yet to see if you will be worth my time. Though so far, you are proving better."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor   Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting the new one (Duncan) - Lowrey Manor
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: