Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mortal Combat (open)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:04 am

"Or it is possible she will tell you the truth and you have been brainwashed not to accept it. By all accounts Joseph was not a good person, but rather a possessive, jealous and vindictive creature. It is only logical he would do all he could to turn you against her. I suspect too that he's used powers to go with those words. I'm a blueblood, I know how that works." The obvious scorn in those last few words suggested that behaving as Joseph did was so tasteless as to be beneath any civilized Kindred.

Victor sipped at his drink. "You can't be with her because of how your mind has been reworked, and I suspect her husband would have any number of concerns as well. You need to set your mind at ease lest you lose what little has been left to you. That means an intermediary."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:14 am

A low growl started in Angelo's throat.

"Don't say that! You didn't know him." Joseph had put up with so much abuse from Griselda and her whoring around, it was a wonder that the man had even cared for the redhead at all. But he had and Angelo's heart broke to think that he might have had something to do with Joseph's heartbreak, even a little bit. His hand tightened around the drink glass in his hand as he spoke, taking deep breaths to try to calm the anger that had risen from this stranger who spoke as though he knew Joseph. He knew nothing.

"She has no husband. I don't know what she's told you, but I guarantee that it's a lie." It was a favorite lie of hers, after all.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:28 am

"I was at the wedding." Victor said softly

"Angelo, you have the ability to look at me, to read me and see if what I say is true or not. Look at me and tell me if I'm not speaking truth. You are a victim. You've been tortured, manipulated and lied to by Joseph. Griselda is not a liar. Look at me now and tell me if I speak the truth."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:33 am

He growled again, soft and low in his throat.

"Joseph had no reason to lie to me. Others, maybe, but not me. And she did lie to me. She lied about so much. You want me to look at you and tell you if you speak the truth? It doesn't work like that. If you believe her, if you believe it with all your heart, you will think it's the truth, even when it isn't."

He took another sip from his glass, before he ended up breaking the glass from the death grip he had on it.

"I was tortured and lied to and manipulated. But not by Joseph. She did that, even if she wasn't the one injecting the hydrochloric acid into my face." He could still hear Joseph's clipped tones, telling Angelo that he didn't want to do this, but he had to. And that it was because of Griselda. If she hadn't lied to Angelo, if she hadn't tried to hurt Joseph and hadn't hurt him so many times already, none of this would have been happening to him.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:38 am

Victor shook his head. "That's classic abuser talk there Angelo. In the real world it doesn't work that way. You don't inflict pain and suffering on a third party simply because of the actions of another. Her efforts to get away from him do not justify torturing you or causing you damage. Rather, he used the pain he was inflicting on you as a way to weaken your resolve and convince you of his words and way of thinking. You are a victim of abuse Angelo and Joseph was the abuser."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:43 am

He shook his head again.

"You didn't know him," he said again. "He truly didn't want to hurt me. She didn't tell me anything about him until she already had me in her bed and once there, she was the abusive one. She was angry, always so very angry with me, but I couldn't stop. I wanted her too much and I wanted what was giving me entirely too much to stop. If I had just paid attention, none of this would have happened. Not to me, not to anyone. He only hurt me because he couldn't find any other way." Even as the words left his mouth, he shut his eyes, growling again as another memory hit him -- and was systematically being stripped away. Christ, how he hated this -- and hated her -- for this.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:45 am

"That's the false memories again." Victor said with some sadness in his voice while sipping at his drink.

"First off, if he didn't want to hurt you, he had the option of not hurting you. He had the choice to not inflict pain and suffering on you and he had the choice not to treat Griselda like his property. He made the wrong decisions though, and has tried to teach that thinking to you."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:47 am

"That's not true," she said softly, coming up to Victor and Angelo and refilling Victor's glass with the rum that he preferred. She was making bar rounds again.

"I told you on our first date, Angelo. I told you about Joseph and how he would be angry and hurt us both if he thought that our dinner was anything more than me thanking you for saving me from that mugger in the alley. It didn't even need to be true, I told you, that there was anything more than dinner. He would be angry anyway." She glanced at Angelo and then back at Victor. "You said you didn't care. And I was never angry with you."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:50 am

God damn it.

He growled again, this time, the glass in his hand shattered when his fingers tightened around it. He didn't seem to notice or care when the glass cut into his palm.

"I remember you hitting me," he growled, turning to stare at Griselda. "I remember you calling me a coward. I remember how angry you were, right before you took off your dress and climbed into my lap, telling me that I needed to make it up to you and that you would forgive me just as soon as I stopped being so weak."

He looked back at Victor. And shook his head.

"I see she's fooled you, too. You think she's innocent in all this."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:53 am

She listened to Angelo and as she did, her hand came up to cover her mouth. The look of sadness in her eyes was almost heartbreaking.

"I never hit you, Angelo. I never called you weak or a coward. That didn't happen. I would never have done that. My God, what did he fill your head with?" The last was whispered, as if she just couldn't believe what she was hearing.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:55 am

Victor narrowed his eyes at Angelo.

"I am my own man, capable of making my own informed decisions of my own free will and volition. And I can assure you that when I speak in agreement with Griselda it is based on a subjective analysis of the information given to me. We are not manipulated by mere warlocks."

Full Ventrue. He never went full Ventrue.

"Also, Miyu would like drag me away from here somewhere if she thought I was falling for lies from Griselda. She's more or less morally and contractually obligated to. Then she'd hurt Griselda. I've seen it happen. It's not pretty. She's not popular in some circles of your family you know. Anyway, we can sit here all night doing he said/she said/insane wizard guy said. What burden of proof do you need? What will help you Angelo?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:57 am

Reaching over, she put her hand on Victor's arm to get his attention.

"Victor, can I speak with you over here for a second, please?" she tilted her head to indicate that they should move away from Angelo for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 11:58 am

"Sure" he said following her
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:01 pm

She walked to the end of the bar and spoke to Victor quietly.

"Okay, I'm a bad person, I admit it. I knew he was following me, so I intentionally wore the hair combs because I knew it would trigger his memories. So, I suck. I'm thinking it's best to get him out of here, away from the general public, to let him process some of this. His Dominate is breaking, little by little and Angelo doesn't react well to being confused. He never has. I can't leave the bar, but could you maybe take him downstairs or even away from this bar entirely and let him start working it out in his head?"
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Victor nodded. "Yeah I was trying to think of something to get him out of here. But first tell me how much of a physical threat he is? I can hold my own, hooray for my tough hide, but if he's able to be faster than normal, I haven't figured that little trick out yet myself. And just how much Harry Potter crap can he throw at me?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:05 pm

She shook her head slowly.

"I honestly don't know. Joseph didn't even tell me that he was still alive until about eight years ago. I have no idea what Joseph taught him or how powerful he is. But I do know Angelo. He's not going to be blatant about it if he wants to attack you. He's patient enough to wait for a time when you're not expecting it and then he'll just be there."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Victor narrowed his eyes at that. "You get to explain it to Miyu. All of it. If he decides to put me on his insane angry list after tonight then she has to know. Alright, give me a couple bottles and do you have any food in this place for him? And any of the red stuff? Young and healthy? I haven't had dinner yet. "
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:12 pm

She smiled at that.

"I'll talk to Miyu if it's necessary. Yes to food, yes to the red stuff. Have him open the box I gave him. It's not what he thinks it is."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 pm

"Ok. I'll take him downstairs then. If you can send the food and drink down when it's ready, I don't want him getting drunk without food in this frame of mind."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:38 pm

She nodded.

"Can do. Just...take it easy on him, okay? He shouldn't be overwhelmed and bombarded with this. He's spent a great many years with his belief system firmly in place. To shatter it all at once might break him. Let it break gradually and there might actually be something in there worth saving."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:39 pm

"Kinda what I had in mind. Hence having dinner, some drinks and being civilized instead of just sitting back watching him break."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 pm

She nodded.

"I'm probably not the best one to help with this. But if you need me, I'll be up here. Use your best judgment; if you think there's something I need to clarify, call me. If nothing else, I can do it over the phone, if seeing me might make it worse."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 pm

"Ok" he nodded while starting to head back to the bar "Now see if I was a jerk I'd charge you for this but I have this growing sense of human kindness and decency." He was being teasing to lighten the mood "It's strange. Miyu thinks it's sexy though so I'm good with that."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:43 pm

"Gah!" she said, covering her eyes. She had an active imagination. "I didn't need to know that! Damn you, Victor, I won't get that image out of my head for a week."

She smiled and moved to the computer, to start punching in the order for food and drink.

"Call me if you need anything." She was fretting. Honestly and sincerely fretting about Angelo's well-being. Victor could tell that she genuinely cared for the man with the ruined face.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 12:45 pm

Victor stifled his laughter and walked up to Angelo.

"Come on friend, I've ordered some food,let's go into another room in case you have a breakdown. This isn't a safe place for it." Look. More honest compassion. It was starting to be a trend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortal Combat (open)   Mortal Combat (open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortal Combat (open)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next