Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Disco Night (open)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 pm

The disco ball had been hung, ready to throw brightly colored lights around the club. The lighted floor was in place and had been tested, she needed to only flip a switch to make sure that the red, yellow, green and blue lights started to light up the dance floor. She was dressed for the occasion as well -- though the sunglasses just rested on the top of her head. And since Ali was still on vacation, it was her night to work behind the bar. She'd probably hit the dance floor at some point, all things considered. But it wasn't a bad way to pass the time.

She had actually advertised this one -- which meant that there were people lined up in all manner of dress from their normal daily wear to full-on costumes for the themed night. She made her way up from the downstairs area and took her place behind the bar. With a nod, the doors to the club opened for those outside and the first strains of 'Disco Inferno' could be heard ringing out through the club as people began to stream inside.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:22 pm

Victor liked the 70's.

The 1870's.

The 1970's? Eh not so much. Really he didn't remember much culturally about it. Microcomputers showed up, and those were useful, and the Cold War started to start to wind down, which he really liked, and he went an entire six months without being punched by Miyu, which was nice. But Disco? Went right over his head. He was listening to Elvis and Hank Williams then.

So when he pulled up in his very out of touch 1930's car, and walked inside, in his oddly in touch slacks and polo shirt, he just stopped. And stared. And nearly turned around to walk right back out. "Madness" he muttered. "Sheer. Madness."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Behind the bar, she was dancing a little as she poured drinks. She didn't need a pad or anything of the sort -- she just started pouring as folks shouted drinks to her, somehow managing grace, speed, hip shaking and even a little bit of bartending flair as she poured. She just couldn't help but grin when she saw Victor's face.

Without a word, she reached below the bar, to the place where the Kindred-friendly alcohol was kept.

And poured him a very stiff scotch.

She sat it in front of him without a word, giving him a playful wink.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Victor ignored the glass, and grabbed at the bottle instead. It was a playful gesture that also expressed his thoughts on the matter.

"What..." he hissed "Is a Disco?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:30 pm

She laughed and snatched the bottle just out of his reach.

"A style of popular music for dancing, usually recorded and with complex electronic instrumentation, in which simple, repetitive lyrics are subordinated to a heavy, pulsating, rhythmic beat."

She pointed to the ceiling and the disco ball hanging there.

"Welcome to 1978."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Victor drained the shot and signalled for more.

"I was in Istanbul in 1978 because Bad Things were about to happen in Afghanistan and nobody sane liked it. Also..." he said glancing around "There is good money to be made when you know a war is about to happen."

"Is this why nobody admits to remembering the 1970's? This... Disco?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Her lips twitched.

"No. This is what people want to remember about the 1970s. This is fun. You going to dance with me?"

She poured him another shot and grinned.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Victor slammed that shot back and grimaced at the burn.

"I am not in the native Disco dress..."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:41 pm

She waved a hand and refilled the glass without being asked to.

"There's no right or wrong way to dress, with disco. You just do. And you enjoy yourself. That's the real secret to disco. Enjoy it."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Victor sipped the drink this time and listened to the music.

"Fine. But you should do a Gay Nineties night sometime too." Odds were, Victor didn't even think about the double entendre that the common term for the 1890's would have in these modern nights.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:53 pm

Her lips twitched.

"You mean with like, the Village People and all that and a German Sparkle Party?"

Cuz she could pull that off.
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Victor just stared "Huh? What is a German Sparkle Party? Is that one of those weird political parties that grew up in the 1980's with the Green movement?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:00 pm

She was trying to hide her amusement, really she was. But she was failing.

"Remind me to show you a video sometime."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:01 pm

"I'm familiar with videos thank you very much" he said with a oddly offended frown. "I even have a Betamax and Blueray"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:03 pm

She poured another shot, but this time, she just did the shot herself, covering her face with one hand.

"One of those things is not like the other. And I didn't think you didn't know what video was. I was telling you to remind me to show you a video of the German Sparkle Party. Now's a bad time, you couldn't hear it and it wouldn't make much sense."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:04 pm

"Ok... just tell me what their platform is, and I'll ask one of my friends in Berlin. Do they have anyone sitting in the Bundestag? And what do they have to do with an 1890's themed night?"
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 pm

She shook her head, trying really, really hard to not lose it.

"Nothing. It has to do with a Gay Nineties Night."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:10 pm

"They are an 1890's themed group?" he said while draining the rest of his shot, and indicating he didn't want any more for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:12 pm

That's cool. She just started drinking directly from the bottle at this point.

"You'll understand once I show you the video."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:13 pm

"Ok" he shrugged

"So how does one dance to Disco? It looks... random."
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:16 pm

She grinned.

"It really is mostly random. However, there's a few constants -- and things people remember from the 70s. Like the dance from Saturday Night Fever that people always do to Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees, even though the dance was done to  Night Fever in the movie."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Victor leaned over the bar, avoided Griselda's cleavage and stared into her face.

"Those words. In that order. Utterly meaningless and without context. "

Then he grabbed at the bottle again
Back to top Go down
Griselda Johns
Methuselah
Griselda Johns

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Uh-uh. No way, fucker. My bottle.

She drank from the bottle again, but was nice enough to pour him another shot while keeping the bottle well out of his reach.

"They make perfect sense. They're about to start the movie to play in the background on the televisions as well. If you want to watch it, turn around and do so. It's Saturday Night Fever. And Stayin' Alive is the song by the Bee Gees that was the opening track to it."
Back to top Go down
Victor Steele
Methuselah
Victor Steele

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:21 pm

"Can I call Miyu? I need an adult."

And down went that shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disco Night (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disco Night (open)   Disco Night (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disco Night (open)
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next