HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 12:32 pm

She sat at the kitchen table, newspaper open to the classifieds, phone in hand as she dialed the number.  Her left index finger was almost glued to one particular ad.

Quote :
For sale, haunted grandfather clock. Made in England, circa 1830. Gorgeous antique, keeps perfect time, but is seriously haunted. $1000 or trade for one way plane ticket to LA.

App. 3 : Cha. 4 : Dex 5

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides

Last edited by Storyteller on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 12:36 pm

"Hello?" a female voice answered.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 12:38 pm

"Hello, my name is Beth, and I'm calling in regards to the ad in the paper about the Grandfather Clock."

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 12:40 pm

"Oh, hey, Beth. I'm Misty. What do you need to know about it?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 12:41 pm

"The ad says it's haunted. In what way? And does the clock work as a clock?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 12:49 pm

"The clock works fine. But it's totally haunted. Like, it chimes sometimes when it shouldn't or sometimes, things fly around the room when it starts to chime. It's really, really weird."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:04 pm

"And so you want to sell it. I'm will to do the $1000 upfront. It sounds interesting."

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:08 pm

"Sweet! You got a truck to pick this thing up?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:10 pm

"Yes I do. If you'll give me an address, I can come pick it up now. Cash or check?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:13 pm

"Cash only." And she rattled off an address.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:16 pm

"I'll be there in an hour with my truck and the cash. Will I need to have the stuff to keep it safe in transport, as well?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:21 pm

"I've got some moving blankets, but you can bring your own if you want."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:21 pm

"I'll bring some extra. See you in an hour."

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:23 pm

"Yep. I'll be here."

The phone clicked off.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:27 pm

She took the address, gathered up moving blankets and bungie cords and headed for the bank to pull money. In an hour, she was knocking on the door.

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:29 pm

The girl answered the door with a taco in one hand. "Hey!"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:31 pm

She smiled.

"Hey. Misty?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:32 pm

The girl nodded, transferred the taco to her left hand. She wiped her right on the back of her jeans, then offered it to Elizabeth.

"You're Beth?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:34 pm

She nodded and shook her hand.

"Yes. Did I interrupt dinner?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:36 pm

She shook her head.

"What? Oh, no! Just having a snack. Come on in."

She held the door open for the woman to enter.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:37 pm

She stepped inside, looking around.

"What do you move?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:39 pm

There were packed boxes all around the room.

"Getting ready to move to LA. Over here is the clock."

She gestured with her free hand.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:45 pm

She smiled and moved to the clock, looking it over.

"Yes, it's perfect."

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:47 pm

She laughed.

"It's all yours. My granddad had a thing for antiques, then it came to me when my parents died. I just don't have a way to get it to LA with me and with it being haunted, I don't even want to."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   Sun May 12, 2013 1:51 pm

She nodded.

"I understand, and am glad I can give it a good home. You have any idea who's haunting it?"

Neck ~ Back ~ Sides
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew   

Back to top Go down

On the phone (Open/ST) - Darius and Crew
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next