Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:33 am

"You wouldn't get horns. That's cause of what the Tremere did to me. Maybe get hairy. Maybe get claws or a tail or sharp teeth or different eyes or a frog tongue or snake scales or whatever. Or you'd get mental thingies like growling or being territorial or whatever."

"Predator things."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am

"Yeah, let's try to avoid that" he said with a smile, not really all that worried since being turned? Wasn't something he pictured happening anytime soon. That was a distant possible future, and he saw no reason to send time worrying about that.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

She shrugged and cackled, "Eh, being a cainite is kinda the awesomest thing ever. So, the animal traits aren't really a big deal compared to the massive good things about it. Small price to pay."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 am

"Maybe, you gotta give up a lot though. Eating normal food, daylight, kids" though all people were different. "What's right for one person isn't necessarily what's right for another though, so I'm glad you're happy with it. I think... I like having a heartbeat" specially now that it no longer hurt.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 pm

"Blood is better than food forever! Daylight? Ya, I can get that but I got over it, and now I can go in the sun. And I can have kids. Just not like mortals can have kids. It's different, but good. All the power of the beast with the heart and mind or a human."

"But that's not important, you haven't even decided to be totally ghouled yet."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:14 pm

"I think that choice has been made actually" Jack smiled, resting his arms on his knees. "I want to see this through" and he sounded confident saying that.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:51 pm

"Well then I won't let you totally decide yet." She laughed. "You got a little bit longer then the real work begins. I'll give you more blood, lots of blood. And bring Monkey and start your training. I'm going to dump you in the middle of the woods at some point and see how you survive. It's tradition."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 pm

"You realize I'm a city boy right?" he could probably find a way to manage in nearly any city in the world. But dumping him in the middle of the woods? Yeah, he certainly hoped he'd get some training before that happened.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 pm

"Well then you better study up!" She grinned. "You don't worry, I'll be there the whole time. City survivial is good too. It's it's own kind of forest, but knowing the swamps and the mountains and such too is important!"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:18 am

"Yeah, I get that, just heh, I think I need to start watching Discovery channel" probably made little sense to the Gangrel, but God damn it... if he was getting dumped in the middle of nowhere he would at least like to know some form of basic survival. Because at the moment it was somewhat limited to "do not mess with the predators, anything with bright colours and do not eat the shrooooms".
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:48 am

"Discovery Channel...?" She tilted her head, the fox ears flopped over as she did it.

"You can ask monkey too." She laughed.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:51 am

"I... can ask the monkey for survival tips.... right" somehow he had a feeling the monkey's survival tips might not be entirely for him. But heh, he'd try. "And the Discovery Channel is a tv a channel, they show some programs about surviving in the wild and stuff" it was a start if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 am

"Course you can ask the monkey. There was totally this mortal boy who got raised by monkeys! And uh... talking box telling you about the outside? Sounds weird... I wanna see."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 pm

Monkey boy. Dear God, he was gonna end up with that for nick name wasn't he?

"Sure" Jack reached over to grab the remote, turning on the tv and switching over to the Discovery Channel which seemed to be doing a special on sharks. What was it with people and sharks anyways?
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Eve's yellow eyes got wide. The slit of her pupils became round and big and she leaned in to the TV, mesmerized.

"I know gangrel that can turn into those..."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 pm

"Well, that's freaky" Jack chuckled as he leaned back into the sofa, resting an arm over the back of it. "Is that a thing all you guys can do? Turn into animals like that?" he asked while watching her rather than the tv. After all, her reaction to the tv was far more interesting than the program.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm

"Ya, it's kind a big deal... you can learn it too from me if you want, since you're drinking my blood." She said in a kind of entranced tone.

"Takes using blood though, which is hard on ghouls. Means you'd need to drink a lot more from me..."

When an image of a shark bit at the camera, Eve flinched back and then laughed.
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

Blink.
Slow blink.

"You mean to say I could learn to turn into an animal?" he sounded a bit stunned. "Just..."

Blink.

"Wow..."
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 pm

"Ya, but I wouldn't advertise that, cuase it shows how powerful I am and it's just best not to brag or let people know, you know?"
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 pm

"Eh yeah, 'course" just the idea of it was still enough to make him sound a bit dumbfounded. Though given a couple of moments he seemed to have shaken it off. "But eh, I'm not in this to be powerful or anything, you know that right?"
Three main reasons as it stood: Abigail, his heart and Eve. This way, his heart wouldn't kill him, he could be with Abigail, and he could look after Eve. Well, kinda look after her. In almost every aspect she was superior to him, but everyone needed a friend or someone they could lean on every once in a while. And he could be that for her.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:28 pm

"I wouldn't want you for a ghoul if that were the case. Power is... eh, it's power. It's cool to have but it's not the end all be all. It draws trouble to you. If people know you're powerful then... that's all they see."

She pulled her eyes away from the TV to look at him sadly.

"They don't care about you. Just what you can do for them."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:02 pm

"There's a lot of people like that in the world. It's why the rest of us work so hard to try and even it out" came the seemingly simple but honest reply from a smiling Jack. "Nice guys finish last and all that, but hey, worth it if it makes a difference o just one person"
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:47 pm

"Ya, still sucks. People'd make fun of me for being all, 'Man, I'm like so strong and stuff, wah, it's so hard', but it's lonley and you never know if anyone is being your friend just cause they want your power and that sucks."
Back to top Go down
Jack Cavanaugh
Methuselah
Jack Cavanaugh

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 pm

"For what it's worth, I wanted to help you even before I knew what you were. You could've been human, vampire, whatever, and it wouldn't have changed that." he hoped that held some small value.
Back to top Go down
Eve
Methuselah
Eve

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 pm

"I know, that's why I didn't want to just let you die... you were nice to the little fox and you were nice to that little girl. You are kind. You deserve to live and be happy and be strong and protect those you love." Eve beat her chest, then looked back at the TV at a toothpaste commercial.

"What is the sparkly goo..." ADD gangrel was lost in the TV again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic   Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modifications (open) - Jack's Attic
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next