Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp Empty
PostSubject: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 pm

The rain came down on the roof of the cabin, giving off a soft music, and proving that this year, once again, they didn't have to repair the roof.  She was curled up in the big chair with her kitten in her lap, old battered paperback copy of The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin in her hand.  She was quietly reading it aloud to the kitten, and she was doing all the voices.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:40 pm

Chet quietly slipped in, and gently slipped into the big chair next to her, giving the ghoul a soft kiss while smiling.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

She curled into his shoulder, making room for him. Then she closed the book and looked up at him.

"Masha doesn't like the rain."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 pm

He reached out to scratch Masha behind her ears and smiled

"Kitties don't like being wet. But she's got a nice warm Bethy to curl up with"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 am

The kitten batted at his fingers playfully.

"Yes. We just need a fire."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 am

There was a mirthful twinkle in his eyes

"Ah. Ah forgot ta' get the pot belly stove out o' the chopper. An' now it's rainin'. And here we are needin' sumpin' to put in that stove pipe we put in last summah."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:30 am

She giggled.

"Bethy can bring it in, once it stops raining. There will be Chet safe fire tomorrow night."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:33 am

He laughed and kissed her head. "Silly Bethy. Chet is gonna get it now. Then I'll bring in firewood I cut from the back porch, and Bethy can make her fire."

The malk, still smiling got up, and about fifteen minutes later returned with the old fashioned looking stove. In another fifteen he had the pipe connected, and a supply of wood brought in.

"Ok" he said picking up little Masha "Bethy use the gift of Prometheus now."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:38 am

She came forward, and doing things the long way, except that now she had a magic device to create the first flame, she slowly built a roaring fire. Then she made sure that the smoke was going where it should, and after about ten minutes, she came back to curl up with Chet and Masha.

"Perfect."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 am

"Bethy made it perfect" he smiled while handing the kitten back. "Bethy comfiest now?"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:40 am

She held the kitten to her chest, moving firmly into Chet's lap so she could better curl into him.

"Yes."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:42 am

Chet curled closer and held Bethy close

"Love nights like this"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 am

She nodded. Then she closed her eyes and began to hum. It was a simple tune, a children's tune from her childhood. It was the song she hummed when she was most content.
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

Chet simply petted her. Held Bethy close, and tenderly stroked her face, her hair; giving the ghoul caresses and kisses. Showing his love and appreciation for her. It was a good night.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:11 am

She was quiet for a few minutes, simply humming, then she opened her eyes again.

"Do you ever wish Bethy could have kids?"
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 am

Uh oh. Loaded question time.

He moved a little and snuggled a bit closer. "Never thought much on it love. Kids is somethin' ah gave up on after ah died. Dunno if this life be good fer a child"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 am

She nodded.

"Probably not. Bethy sometimes wishes she could have Chet's kids. But that's silly."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:15 am

He looked sad for a moment, and then kissed Bethy softly.

"No love, it ain't silly. It natural, an' it breaks mah heart ya can't do that."
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 am

She smiled softly.

"Bethy can't have kids unless she goes off the blood. If she goes off the blood, she dies. Living, she gets to stay with Chet. This is happy."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 am

"Bethy happy then?" he smiled, while gently rubbing his unshaven face against hers
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:19 am

She took his cheek in her hand and kissed him gently.

"Very."
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 am

"Good" he smiled "Best nights, just snuggling with Bethy nights. You and me, together forever"
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 am

Her hand moved behind his head as she kissed him. Lightly, gently. She was in a very loving mood.
Back to top Go down
Chet
Methuselah
Chet

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:30 am

He slipped a hand behind her head and returned the kiss with soft, but fervent passion
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Holand
Methuselah
Elizabeth Holand

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am

She was happy just to kiss him for the moment. She did so love the taste of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp   Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quiet night in - Cabin in the Swamp
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: