Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor Empty
PostSubject: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Johnathon stepped into the Praetor's office with an annoyed look on his face

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:57 am

She looked up from her paperwork.

"John. What troubles you?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:08 am

"The fact that I am constantly not only having matters related to the governance of my domain questioned by Duncan at every turn, but that he is actually trying to tell me how to run things. I cannot decide if it is jealousy, or simply stupidity, but there are any number of lines he constantly crosses, and given the very tiny size of our clan here, it is affecting our ability to present a unified front."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:10 am

She set down her pen and leaned back in her chair.

"I agree. What would you have me do?"
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:17 am

"That is a very good question. He doesn't seem interested in following much direction, yet he seems to lack ambition as well, and appears to want to ride on the efforts of the clan as a whole, while doing enough to prop up himself. He has made no effort to follow up on my offer to secure such control over functionaries of state government to aid his interests in Miami for instance. Honestly, I see someone who thinks he is due power and respect, and thinks himself superior to others and wants to make sure they know it. Those are the sort who form rebellion, not because of legitimate grievances, but out of ego."

"Whatever you do, it should be definitive and to the point. He is liable to walk out much like Shauna did I suspect."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:52 am

She pursed her lips.

"On the one hand, you are correct in that I need to do something about him. On the other, can we afford to lose another? You and I can do much together, it is true, but others come in handy."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 am

"They only come in handy when they cooperate and work towards a goal. Gods, but the irony of this conversation is amusing." he sighed

"Perhaps a carrot and stick approach?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 pm

She sighed.

"Perhaps. I will think of something."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 pm

"I got nothing. I don't want to go to your Seneshal again..." he let that thought linger for a moment "Over people who cannot grasp the fundamental basics of Anarch relations. He must be made to understand that political differences are less important than working together, and that my politics can be used to our advantage as a clan. But no matter what is proposed as a clan effort ends up getting nowhere because of politics and his own sense of superiority."

He snorted "If the malcontents had any brains they'd band together in a bloc and try and take over leadership. Fortunately they don't."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 pm

She nodded.

"I will speak with him. I will try to get that point across."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 pm

"Thank you. Perhaps he will learn to see reason."

" By the way, do you know if Mobile Bay is held by anyone, and who controls Savannah, Georgia?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 pm

She smiled.

"That would be our clan mate, Thomas Wentworth."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:43 pm

"Ahh excellent. Could I ask that you arrange an introduction please? I am aiming to move North and East as much as feasible to help hold back the Sabbat. Perhaps he wont' mind me so much on his borders. And what of Atlanta and Mobile?"
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:45 pm

"I believe that Both are not yet reclaimed after the Sabbat were eradicated."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:48 pm

His nose twitched just a little at the thought of an Anarch held Atlanta. "Fascinating.... And yet so far out of my reach. Mobile on the other hand is right next to Pensacola. I also plan to claim an area north and east above Jacksonville in Georgia. This will of course place all of your Prince's holdings south of my borders."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:49 pm

She smiled.

"That sounds lovely."
Back to top Go down
Johnathon Grant
Methuselah
Johnathon Grant

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:01 am

"Well of course it gives the Cam something of a buffer. I still have dreams of an Atlantic port of my own, but that is rather unlikely, but perhaps I can work a deal with our cousin in Savannah."
Back to top Go down
Christine Lowrey
Methuselah
Christine Lowrey

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:01 am

She nodded.

"Perhaps."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor   Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please make it stop - Lowrey Manor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: