Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait Empty
PostSubject: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:47 am

The girl was standing outside, banging on the door.

"Hello?!" she called out to the darkened shop. It was followed by a muttered 'fuck' before her voice rose once again. "Damn it! Hello?!"

Last edited by Storyteller on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:49 am

Of a sudden, the door flung open, and a wall of man stood in the aperture.

"May I assist you, Miss?" said the frown.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 am

The very large man must not have been what the girl was expecting. She jumped, a good three feet back through the air, landing with a muttered 'shit.'

She looked up at him and tried to give him puppy-dog-eyes.

"Hey, uh. My cell is out of battery and my car broke down over there. Do you have a phone I can use?"
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Porter handed her his mobile phone as he stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

"You are perhaps aware that you find yourself in a most inauspicious neighborhood for such a breakdown. And a tad suspicious, to boot."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:00 am

She gave him a grateful smile as she took the mobile phone from him.

"Yeah. Grew up around here -- Mister Lin and his wife used to own this place. Dated their son in high school."

She shrugged.

"You want to see a driver's license or something?"
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 am

"Such things are meaningless. Be quick about it."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:13 am

She was in the middle of dialing the phone. She may have been slightly perturbed, but she was dialing the numbers. As she brought her hand with the telephone in it up to her ear, her eyes rolled back in her head... and she fell to the ground in a dead faint.
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Porter frowned and squinted as he looked at the girl, not yet budging from where he stood.

He looked for any twitch that might betray something neurological, and examined - from a distance - the girl's pallor.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:52 am

Her face was flushed. Pink cheeks, pink neck and down her chest -- what her Porter could see -- her brow covered with a slight sheen of sweat. Her breathing was slightly irregular -- just a slight catch to her breath every sixth or seventh intake of breath. There were no seizures, however, nor any other indication that whatever was happening was neurological.
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:17 am

Porter winced, as though acknowledging he would soon regret what he was about to do.

He took a step forward and leaned down to scoop the girl up in his arms.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 am

Limp as a dishrag, she was. The sign of a true faint; she didn't stir at all when he lifted or touched her. She was dead weight. Not much weight, by comparison, but still dead weight. When his hand brushed her flesh, he could tell that she was burning up with a fever.
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:35 pm

He tossed her in the passenger side of his car and buckled her in. It looked like he was going to be a sucker and drop her at the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:14 am

Which would have been fine. She let out an unearthly groan at being manhandled into the passenger seat -- her eyelids fluttering a little bit -- but she didn't seem to wake.

What's worse?

She hadn't been flushed or sweating or even seemed remotely like she was in any ill health when she had been banging on the door.
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Porter sped off toward the hospital.

"If this is some sort of trickery, I will snap your neck."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:24 am

The girl had no sort of answer. Being, you know, unconscious.

Which made the drive to the hospital rather uneventful, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:56 pm

Porter pulled up to the ER and ran around the front of the car to unbuckle the girl, then carry her inside.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:04 pm

The nurses at the ER were asking Porter quite a few questions.

Who is the girl?

What happened to her?

What was she doing when she collapsed?

How old is she?

Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:06 pm

He answers matter-of-factly in each case.

"I saw her collapse on the street, I don't know her name or age. She may have ID. Seems feverish. Take her, quickly - "

When the moment presents itself, he ditches and leaves. Good Samaritan only.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm

The hospital was definitely busy. They took her, already checking things like her heart rate, blood pressure, temperature, all manner of things.

And not one person stopped him from leaving.
Back to top Go down
Porter
Elder
Porter

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:28 pm

...and he's gone.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:30 pm

(scene)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait   Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knock Knock (Porter) - Alterations While U Wait
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: