Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton Empty
PostSubject: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:18 pm

As none of the rigs were on schedule to be decommisioned anytime soon, he had to press the matter. It was time for a major safety incident that resulted in the sinking of yet another oil rig in the gulf.

Obfuscated from sight he teleported roughly to the location of the rig, yet several hundreds of feet above it. Teleporting to a location never visited was always risky, so it was safer to aim high then fly closer after a short fall.

Not knowing where exactly the commander of the vessel would be, he simply aimed for an area that looked to hold crew.

Last edited by Storyteller on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm

He found himself in a cargo hold. There weren't many crewmen here, but there were a few, playing some odd dice game against the side of the rig as they sat and seemed to be relaxing, for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:17 am

Reaching into one of their minds, extracting the location of the command deck, he headed towards such. First things first, he needed to shut down the flow of oil. A sinking oil rig drew far less attention if it did not leave a stain upon the ocean.

Only then could the crew be dealt with, none would be walking away tonight.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:25 am

The control deck was one floor above. It wasn't hard to get to, and it seemed to have minimal security. When you spent your time on a floating rock, basically, you didn't have need of things like security cameras and bodyguards. That was for docking.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 am

From there he searched for someone who might actually know how to run this device,, or books that would describe its operation, preferibly the prior, he had time to read a manual or six, yet imagined there would be far more than that involved. Besides he despised computers, and everything was computer controlled now a days.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:42 am

The captain was the one who knew how to run all of the devices found on-board the vessel. Yes, everything was computerized and electronic, which meant that the rig had been set on a course and that some true work would go into changing that.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:46 am

Not finding the captain on the control deck, he moved about to find his quarters, it made since that he would be asleep durring the night shift. It was always so much easier just to kill them, if only this project was not important. Blood would come later.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:06 pm

He was asleep. Tucked into a very, very tiny bunk that looked like it shouldn't support a human being in any fashion, he quietly snored. Oblivious to the world around him.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 pm

How he despised mortals, yet for all that disgust, there was a pleasure at how easily they could be used and maniplated. A moment of telepathy and he would know how many crew were currently on board and if he should expect to be interupted by shippments any time soon. Then the captain would be roused from his sleep.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

The information wasn't all that difficult to obtain, though the captain remained sleeping for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 pm

Reaching out with his cane prodding the man awake as he appeared from the cloud of onfuscation, eyes focused upon him, waiting for the first moment of eye contact.

"Get out of bed, get dressed in your normal work clothes, then drawing as little attention from those aboard and those who might be observing transmissions from this oil rig, sever all communication between this oil rig and any who are in contact with it. then shut off the flow of oil from the sea floor to the rig. Do all this by yourself and without setting off any alarms. When all this has been compleated lay face down upon the floor and remain motionless. Do all of this starting now and ignoring my existance." (Dominate 2) Once the command was given he stepped out of the way, waiting for the captain to turn his back so he could remove himself from mortal minds again.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:49 pm

The problem with Dominate is that it occasionally fails when a conflicting order was given. Which was why the Captain was easily enough prodded awake, though he sat, confused.

"I can't do that without drawing attention. It's impossible."

Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:00 pm

"Then get dressed in your normal work clotehs, then do all that is necessary to shut off the flow of oil from the sea floor to the rig just before destroying every control component you can find on the rig, do so now, with a disregard of my existance ." His words holding the same force of will as previously.

He may have wanted it silent, yet perhaps this was the better route anyway. If anything it would be far more fun. It was a small crew, easy enough to silence.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 pm

That, he could do. Which was why he moved almost immediately to get dressed and head for the control deck without so much as a glance around the cabin.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:50 pm

The Captain departing, the warlock faded from mortal minds again and followed. As he did so, he searched for a pipe or storage container that held large quantities of oil, or other flamable fuel.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 3:08 pm

That would be down below, in the larger storage area of the rig. Dangerous to sit on such things, but they had to stash their booty somewhere And in the event that a fire started, easier to just jump off of the deck than try to climb stairs and get out.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:57 pm

And that realization was where his plan became firm. He quickly moved to the lower levels, checking to make sure all doors that could be sealed were. He expected they would be, yet caution and planning were important.

He would trust in the captain to complete his task, knowing once alarms started going off, his plans would be well along their way. Once all the doors to the floatation pillars were verified closed he searched for the storage taks, uncertain if there would be one or many.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 5:39 pm

There were many. There were at least 50 of them, already stored and ready to be brought back to shore. In the event of a fire, the thing would go up like Hiroshima.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Approaching the closest tank he sought out a valve to open it, hopefully to allow its contents to spill upon the floor. If he could not, there were otherways, yet why waste blood when it was not necessary.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:19 am

It actually took a bit of strength to get the valve opened. They were tightened closed mechanically, so it took a bit of elbow grease to open the valve. But the amber liquid began to spill onto the floor rapidly once he had set the release.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:16 pm

Letting the liquid flow over his feet, he continued from one tank to the next, fueling his strength to ease the process. If the oil remained contained it could explode, flowing freely when lit it would meerly burn hot.

As he heard no alarms, he was begaining to worry that the captain had failed in his task. Either way he would finish here before checking on him. Soon panic would engulf the crew as fire would engulf the vessel and nothing else would matter then.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:02 pm

As he opened the containers, a yellow strobe began to flash over his head. Obviously, there was some emergency, the lights indicating that much, but no audible alarms seemed to be sounding.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Looking up as the lights started to cycle, giving a toothless smile before continueing his efforts. There was a satisfaction knowing he would be bringing about a magnificant flame soon.

As the last of the tanks was opened, the gouts of amber fluid splashing down catwalks, and hallways, covering him in visqious layers he assended back up and out of the tank hold, back out into the open air of the upper decks to see how things were going up there.

Back to top Go down
Storyteller
Admin
Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 2:45 am

People were busy. It seemed that the protocol when the lights started flashing was that people remained mostly calm ... and began abandoning ship. There were lifeboats that where in the process of being lowered, but no one seemed to be in them just yet. They were freeing them from their locked position, however, and preparing to leave the rig.
Back to top Go down
Victor Morton
Methuselah
Victor Morton

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:31 pm

The moment he disired had finally arrived, as a tinge of excitement and pleasure surged. Stripping on his oil soaked robes and holding them away from himself. Steeling himself to what he was about to create.

The candle flame of fire appeared along a dry patch near the base of the robes slowly igniteing the cotten garment, as the flame grew to hand sized and flickered as the oil that stained it heated and vaporized into small bursts of flame, he looked down into the giant pool of oil he had created. Waiting another few moments, the fire spreading rapidly now along the seams, he tossed it into the amber gel that undulated several stories below him.

Watching his greatly addorned robes burst into a ball of fire as the air rushed past him, was almost saddening, yet this was a moment of creation and new robes would be a part of the process. The oil would not explode like gasoline, yet given the fuel he provided it would without a doubt ignite and in less than a minute this rig would be a pillar of fire and smoke.

"By the Fire of Soul, I create. By the Fire of Sin, I Destroy." The words were not loud, nor hidden, they were an oath and an affirmation for the moment.

Concealing himself from the minds of mortals once more. Seconds ticked by as the blood flowed. Four pints to agility, four to strength, two pints to speed beyond mortal measure. The obsidian sphere of his cane jutted into the air as he caught the base of his cane which became club. He was hungry now, and the first one he saw would become food, to be drained to all but the last point and discarded too the sea to share with the sharks.

Only then would the harvestr begin.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton   Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foundations - Oil Rigs - Victor Morton
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: