Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven Empty
PostSubject: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 pm

"Marvin, it's Cass," she said after she knocked. Cassiel stood at the door, arm up on the molding and waited for the door to open. She was totally devoid of any facial expression.

Last edited by Storyteller on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title Change)
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 pm

"Door's open" he said from the other side

Marvin was sitting on his couch clearly in deep thought
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:35 pm

She walked in and closed the door behind her. She came to about 5 feet of him and stopped, arms crossed, watching him.

"Well... you called?" It came out very monotone and very soft.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

"I had a nightmare. It was a most singular experience. In it I dreamed I was overseeing the construction of a pyramid I had designed, and that it threatened to destroy me. Or at least that's how I read it."

"You spoke once of tremere elders?"
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm

Cass head came up and then back as she took a breath and closed her eyes for a moment.

"So you see a pyramid and the first thing that comes to mind is the Tremere?"

Her neck cracked and she looks for a chair across from Marvin and sat.

"I spoke of them, you spoke of them, so did Victor. What's that got to do with anything? Maybe your dreams have nothing to do with elders."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:48 pm

"I don't deal with snakes love" he smiled

"You brought up tremere elders,things in your apartment, and Victor was strangely silent on the subject."

As he spoke, he expended some willpower and made the effort to enter Cass' mind, looking for that Tremere elder she spoke of. (WoD result 4)
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:57 pm

"And I should have kept it to myself," she frowned at Marvin. "But I was unsure at the time on what to do about it. Victor's silence was more than likely his disbelief."

Cass' mind was awash of the subject at hand. First and foremost, her last sentence was not the truth in an sense of the imagination. Flashes of images were at the forefront of her brain as they spoke on the subject. Her finding the ouja stone, then testing it like some teenager would. A flash of the planchette moving-- another of her looking up as if hearing something. The photographer's mind read like... photos. Snapshots. Suddenly, four robed figures stood in her dining room, speaking all together, in unison. Tell him that Ponticulus sends his regards. Fear and drive filled her mind. And just on the surface, in the here and now, was the desire to keep it all hidden as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm

He frowned "Well you brought it up love, and now it can't be unbrought up. What were these things in your apartment? What did they want, what did they tell you?"

Again he expended the willpower to enter her mind, and see what came up as she thought of the robed figures in her apartment (WoD result 5)
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 pm

"Ghosts, Marvin. They were fucking ghosts. They told me to find the pieces, I told you that," she said in frustration.

In her mind: Why the FUCK is questioning me like this? Why can't he leave well enough alone?

But the images of the four robed figures remained-- after all, it was the topic at hand. They did tell her to find the pieces. They told her that they were kindred like her. They told her that her clan was weak, but she could be strong. It was insulting to her. It drove her. It scared her. They told her they were watching, never truly gone. That her role would be revealed in time. A sinister laugh. They were amused by this.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:07 pm

"Fine, fine" he waved his hand dismissively.

"How goes your photography project?" he said clearly trying to change the subject
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Cass ran her fingers wearily through her hair.

"It's at the printer's. It'll be a while. I have no idea how it turned out, won't know for weeks. I'll make sure you get your money's worth, though. Don't worry."

As if she couldn't possibly feel any worse at this particular moment...
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:11 pm

He sighed, even looked compassionate.

"Say the word Cass, and I'll blunt what you are feeling right now."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:13 pm

"Don't. You. Dare."

She stood, taking a defensive stance-- not as if in a fight, but defensive nonetheless.

"You do it, then you'll be pleading for your mamma in the corner, pissing blood."
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:16 pm

He cocked his head at her and almost looked hurt

"I gave you the choice Cass. I didn't say I would force it on you. And besides... we both know who would win that fight. Nonetheless, I'm sorry to have bothered you. I hope you find some peace soon. Have a pleasant evening."
Back to top Go down
Cassiel Vella
Methuselah
Cassiel Vella

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:20 pm

He may have looked hurt. But the hurt was bad for Cass. Real bad. But she kept it in, giving Marvin a curt nod as she headed for the door.

She looked back at him over her shoulder, whether she meant to do it or not, her facial expression had softened considerably, showing the pain in her face.

"Take a piece of advice, Marvin," she said kindly. "Stay out of the line of fire. You've done all you can. If someone pushes you away, hard, it's for a good reason."

She opened the door and left calmly.
Back to top Go down
Marvin
Methuselah
Marvin

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Well that made up his mind on several things.

Marvin just smiled as Cass left, and went to find his DVD copy of Abbot and Costello meet Dracula. That one was so funny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven   The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Madman Beckoned (Marvin) - Marvin's Haven
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Crimson Masque :: Retired Scenes-
Jump to: