Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:43 pm

The King in Yellow chuckles quietly.

"I try my best to be as alluring as possible. And I have flown, though not in a modern aircraft. Seems frightfully unreliable."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:55 pm

"Actually if you can get past them being shiny, you sit in them, and they make travel so much easier. But being unable to fly, I now have been in the clouds, and truly they looked solid enough even though I know if I had walked I had fallen down. But the stars darting as your beloved fireflies through the rolling clouds, like rolling hills in the vineyards of France, and a friend of old smiling at me almost within my reach the dear moon."

She hums briefly a enchanting tune, then gives a little shake, and smiles brightly at him "Sorry it was and hopefully will be again a delightful experience for me. But don't ride in cars in Italy." with a soft laugh.

Last edited by Greer Harrington on Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit send by error)
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:24 pm

"It is unlikely I will leave these shores again unless commanded by the Eldest," he shakes his head. "But it is of no matter. You paint the event with such wonder and innocence it makes me think I had been there myself."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:27 pm

"Well I know you adore your home, but maybe one night to fly over your beloved home and back down?" leaning towards him. "I do recommend it." Looking at him playfully "May I get your thoughts on the few I've met so far here?"
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:33 pm

The masked fellow nods.

"By all means, how can I enlighten?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:36 pm

With a coy smile "The I am guessing new Seneschal, the Harpy and the Toreador Primogen?" gently swirling the drink in the cup but watching him waiting for his reply.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:40 pm

"The seneschal is new, but an old friend. Effective. Likely the most dangerous creature in the city. The harpy is... ambitious. Younger, perhaps. I like him, but he bears watching. The toreador voice I have not met."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Looking at him through the corner of her eyes "The Seneschal has no music to him. He is a flat note and that is never a good thing and most things that are so are very dangerous. The Harpy was or is that is a flirt." with a soft laugh "You know I usually give as good as I get." with a wink.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm

The King in Yellow laughs in a broken windchime sort of way that is vaguely reminiscent of a child.

"Well, we all do our best. But I do recall you having a particular flare for banter."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Her melodic giggle joins his laughter "I do try, so do you wish to show me where I can and can't venture?"
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 pm

The King in Yellow nods graciously and stands with the eerie grace of a trained dancer.

"Please, honored guest, follow me. I will give you a tour of the areas you may go. Those which you cannot you will be unable to find anyway."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:07 pm

A melodiously laugh sounded from her, she stands following him, and says "How do you get to town? It would look odd if I just showed and then disappeared."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:12 pm

"I have a strip club that I am building at the edge of the swamp. Once that is completed, there will be a direct path from my haven to there. Backstage, of course. You will have to tolerate my herd's nudity, but such is the vulgarity of easy money. In the meantime, there are a few exits and the boats will take you to whichever edge of the swamp you desire," he exits the room and starts down a corridor.

He opens a door as they are passing, revealing a theater style classroom. Inside are numerous girls taking notes on some topic of history. A close observer might note the facts are wrong and a stylized mask the King favors looks down from above the teacher. The teacher herself is dressed in the height of gothic lolita fashion. She wears the most ornate collar to date and is prettier then the other girls. She smiles and finger waves to the King as the door opens.

"My classroom. Here my girls are taught history and survival. Nicole seems to be teaching this one, my protege," he closes the door quietly and moves on down the hall.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Greer nods, listening to him "I am not offended by nudity." looking in and then back at him "Why teach the history wrong?" she asks curiously. While still following him down the hall.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:40 pm

"One cannot understand freedom until they understand subjugation. Most of the girls here are participating in an experiment testing how methods of control are derived and instigated. They are being indoctrinated."

He opens another door down the hallway. This room was colorful and vibrant with a hint of danger. It was a strange marriage of a torture chamber and a child's bedroom. Bunk beds line one wall, the other wall has many implements of sexual and genuine torture, every tool one could ever desire. At the foot of the bunk beds are footchests decorated as you would a child's toybox. In each corner of the room are beautiful statues of elven creatures. Two are female (both elven in nature), two are male (a satyr and a troll). They seem to be watching over the room. Six of the bunk beds are occupied, two look to be transgendered (but passable) boys and the other four are girls. All have very blank stares and are dressed as you would perhaps a six year old girl. Fluffy frilly dresses and over the top doll-like makeup.

"This is the play room. When someone has misbehaved to the point of treachery, they become dolls for the rest of our satisfaction. Feel free to use them as you wish," he raises his voice to address the 'dolls'. "You will do whatever our honored guest desires, understand?"

They all respond in unison, "This doll will do as she is told. She is only fit to service the needs of the Master and his favorites." Then they bow their heads a bit and smile prettily.

The King in Yellow seems pleased, closes the door and moves on.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Greer says nothing but just nods and notes the interesting additions to the haven.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 pm

The King in Yellow guides her further down the twisting caverns to another door, this one elaborate and carved with flowers. He opens it to reveal what can only be described as paradise. Beautiful women and girls lounge about large silk cushions. A fountain sings merrily in the center of the room, exotic birds and plants are around the place. Silk curtains create loose partitions. Incense can be scented on the air, along with a variety of other drugs.

"This is Eden. All girls who are behaving have a few hours each day where they can relax here. While here they cannot be issued orders, but can be fed upon," he gestures to a mechanical chef in the corner who salutes with his paper hat. "Pierre will cook them whatever they wish, and any manner of pleasantry is provided. Girls who are best behaved are rewarded with more time."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Greer pauses taking in the room, looking at the singing fountain, her eyes flitting from so many beautiful things in the room, and shaking her head briefly shaking off the spell bounding beauty of the room. "What do you mean any manner of pleasantry is provided?" slowly turning while trying to memorize the room.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 pm

The King in Yellow shrugs slightly.

"Whatever they might wish can be attained here," he pauses and points to a girl with a text book in her lap. "That girl enjoys Calculus." He points to another puffing lazily on a hooka. "She enjoys hasheesh." He gestures to a silhouette of two people obviously fornicating in a barely separated partition. "All manner of pleasures."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:20 pm

She slowly follows where he points "Ah understand." with a secret smile and looks to him to continue the tour.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:36 pm

He closes the door and continues down the hall speaking as he goes.

"All these girls here are society's cast offs. They were doomed from the start to be forgotten and discarded. Many came from human trafficking rings, street prostitution, broken homes, the social welfare programs. They are here because they would have been destroyed out there. I give them paradise and they give me mine."

He stops before a door that has a fresh carving it in of an eye. He holds a finger to his lips indicating silence before opening the door.

Inside is a state of the art recording studio. The walls have been sound proofed and textures for perfect reverberation. A small set has been built in the center, primarily a bed with a frilly cover and stuffed animals arranged just so. Microphones dot the room in various places and three cameras are arranged to cover the scene at different angles. Behind the 'scene' is a desk covered with sound equipment, computer equipment, screens, texturing, the works. Clearly, this was an expensive room. Working the desk is a girl perhaps ten at the oldest. She has curly blonde hair and wide eyes and smiles as the King in Yellow enters. A silvery collar also encircles her neck with a small heart pendant.

"Daddy!" she exclaims and bounds from the chair far too large for her. She curtsy as she gets close and blushes slightly. "You are early! We aren't done with Rainbow yet."

The King in Yellow chuckles and pats her head; the girl clearly drinks it up. "This is a very dear friend of mine, Lady Greer. She is our guest and to be given full considerations. This is Marissa, my very favorite."

The girl beams and curtsy's again perfectly. "Do you want to hear the introduction again, Daddy?"

The King in Yellow nods, "Please."

Marissa climbs back into the chair and points to the bed set. Sitting upon it is a girl perhaps the same age as Marissa but with darker hair and huge eyes. Sitting next to her is a girl of perhaps sixteen and a well sculpted boy maybe as old as twenty. All three are wearing collars, but the youngest has a tag like you might see on a dog's collar. Their clothing leaves very little to the imagination; the boy dressed as a goth, the older girl wearing a very sharp business suit cut to show far far more then one would at a business meeting, and the youngest is wearing close to nothing and enough make up to put a prostitute to shame. Marissa clicks a few buttons and the screen shows a beautiful close up of the trio. Then she holds down another.

"Daddy's here, so take it from the top. Better be the best yet, Rainbow," the girl in frame smiles and blushes a bit, nodding rapidly. Then she clears her throat as Marissa says 'action'.

"Why hello there," the youngest girl says. Her voice lisps slightly as one does at that age with an under formed palette. She, like a switch, suddenly oozes an adult's sexuality. "You have stumbled across the greatest little secret on the Web. All you have to do is click on my little box below and type in your credit card and everything will be spread out before you. All my friends are here..." at that the two older teens start making out slowly behind her. The frame pans out. "Don't keep me waiting. I just... hate waiting."

Marissa looks over her shoulder, clearly seeking the King in Yellow's approval. He nods, and she beams.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Greer nods to the child, listens, watches and then finally says "My you've been busy. The studio is state of the art."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:01 am

The King in Yellow nods, "Yes. Well, in older days I made money transcribing books and translation or theft. Modern nights, cash is much easier to come by. Have an action deemed illegal by modern standards and broadcast it to the world. Simple, really. And my talents make these impossible to trace," he shrugs slightly and points to small cages in the corner. They look like golden fences with what might be Tinkerbell trapped inside. "Batteries," he says with a chuckle.

"When you wish it, just let Nicole, Marissa or Rainbow know that you want this set for music and they will have the girls make the proper arrangements."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 am

Greer nods "I think I will get my lap top and keyboard first." with a polite smile to the trio and little girl. She looks to him, takes a drink, and then waits to see if there is more.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 12:11 am

The King in Yellow exits the room, closing the door quietly as they leave. Slowly he guides her towards a hallway that seemed familiar. It grew warmer and lighter and before they knew it, a library had grown around them. Books upon books circled the room in tall cases. Each was perfect and carefully cared for. Several mechanical bugs flitted about the room repairing this page or shooing off water from that. In the hearth blazed a robust green flame. It was warm without being fearsome and seemed to sooth all wants. Several overstuffed chairs circled the place as well as other lounging furniture (behold! a swooning couch!).

The masked figure sighs contently and settles into a chair.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next