Crimson Masque
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OWoD roleplaying game forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:35 am

Greer moves forward toward the room, slowly opening the door, slowly increasing her own anticipation, and then looks within. "I am glad you like the book." with a coy smile.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:39 am

The King in Yellow smiles behind the silver as music leaks into the hallway. These moments always were his favorite parts. The dreams of people could teach you oh so much about them.

"It is a treasure," he gestures for her to enter the room and explore a bit.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 am

She enters the room where music box music is sounding, a wall of music boxes on display with one open at this time, a large bed of deep plum velvet, with various shades of lavender, purple and plum pillows in various rich fabrics, the dark wood floor adding to the richness of the room, and soft candles of citrus add to the room.

She wanders around the room, where an old fashion vanity sits, with it's mirror reflecting the music boxes, and various bottles of perfume on the vanity. It is a woman's bedroom with crystal touches that the candle light seems to cause rainbows all over the room.

She does another twirl taking it all in, then looks at him, "It's breathtaking." with a genuine smile, her green eyes glistening in the soft light, and her voice having an ethereal quality to it.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 am

The King in Yellow looks around her room before collapsing into a chair letting his finger lazily pull against the fabric.

"I am delighted you are pleased with this construct. It is my most humble pleasure to indulge your whims," he says pulling out the other gift he was given and examining it while it is unwrapped.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:11 am

She sits on the bed watching him unwrap the other present. Inside is a bottle of Absinthe, she gets a dreamy smile, and then says "It is where I got lost for a bit in Berlin. I am sure you can find a retainer to partake and you of them." with a Cheshire cat smile at him.

"But the room is wonderful and amazing." she says with glee getting up from the bed to look at the various boxes. Closing the that has been playing, pulling down another box, carefully winding it, and then opening it so it's music can sound instead.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am

The King in Yellow hrms quietly as he runs a finger over the bottle. "The delightful little green fairy. What an insightful gift... thank you." His face turns upward to gaze upon her behind the ornate silver mask.

"Now, tell me of what has called you back. Yes, yes... the song... but why?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:11 am

With a sigh "I think it was time to circle back. My time in Berlin was done and I wanted a change of scenery. Here I at least know you, even others here don't know that and I wanted sometime to create." looking at him "I am glad you like your presents."

Looking at him carefully "But if I am a bother I can go." a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 am

"Nonsense, " he purrs, reaching out and stroking her hand as it lays on the blankets. "A rare vision such as yourself can never be turned away."

Hidden eyes wander over her slowly, "You may stay for as long as you wish."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:38 am

With a content smile "You are going to make it hard for me to leave aren't you." looking around again "So the wine with conversation?" taking her free hand and running through her hair. Leaning towards him "I am all yours sir."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:55 am

The King in Yellow inclines his head and gestures to the platter with the wine bottle. The servant who held the platter, plucked up the bottle and approached her with an elegant glass.

"I do like keeping guests in good company," he says with a soft laught. "And so long as you are my guest, your every whim shall be seen to."

The words were emphasized oddly that might have implied ownership. But that might have been a trick of the ear. The serving girl pours another glass and presents it to the King.
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 am

Greer looks at him curiously for a moment, then takes her glass, taking a sip, enjoying the taste, then after savoring the first drink, then with a enchanting smile "So what can I tell you about?"leaning towards him and waits for his reply.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 am

The King in Yellow takes the glass and gives it a small sip through the mask. It was fruity, pleasant, chilled, and quite intoxicating.

"Well, my favorite topic to speak on would be you. Did you enjoy Berlin?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:16 pm

"Berlin is beautiful, haunting, and in the end saddened me greatly." taking another small lingering sip. "You've always made me smile and my time there for now is done. I met an artist who was brilliant, introduced me to Absinthe, and for awhile the time spent was magical." with a sad smile "But he choose to not stay with me and he passed away about a month ago...." a far off look, small frown, and then looking to him "Hence my sadness and choosing a place that I had good memories of."

She starts to hum a sad little tune, takes another sip and looks at him. "See very boring really."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:05 pm

The King in Yellow nods slowly.

"I haven't experienced that sadness yet. Usually what happens with me is I drift off to torpor and rouse a few decades later to a household of corpses and dormant servants. An irritating ordeal, I assure you."

He sighs. "I am sorry for your loss. Such moments of sadness do inspire one to great things however, do they not?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:09 pm

"They do but I took a short "nap" I think too but it was to wake up to an old man on the edge of death. But his song shall stay alive with me." looking at him "I plan on using the emotion to create. And the area has changed there are new places, people, and things to explore." inhaling the wine instead of tasting this time "Many do not understand but I had a dream of you, here and the song started again in a more insistent way so I KNEW here is where I had to go."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:21 pm

"Oh?" He perks his head. "Dreaming of me now, are you? And what was this dream like?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:23 pm

She laughed joyously "Just of you reading a tome. Nothing risque." demurely stated.
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:44 pm

He hms quietly.

"Pity," he says and sighs. "The dreams of others are a keen fascination of mine. So much can be learned from the actions of the unconscious mind."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

"Well if you want the full dream. I was dreaming of a dense forest, thought I saw a glimmer of something, following the glimmer, there you were reading in the middle of the woods, a large tome with a gilded cover, and looking at you a soft disjointed song crescendoed. A feeling of joy flowed through me and I knew here was where I was to be." looking at him "I will remember that you want the full description and not the summary."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:14 pm

The King in Yellow nods, "It sounds like a lovely dream. I do so hope it proves to be a truthful one."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 pm

"It has been a welcome change thus far." taking a sip "So what else would you like to know?"
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:23 pm

"Well, usually I have sequestered myself away from humanity when you come visit, so I am thirsty for lore of the outside world. However, I have gone another route lately and have several active feeds for current affairs. These computers are a wonder, and who would have thought mass communication would have been so valuable?" He shakes his head slowly. "Really, what will these humans think of next?"
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Her face lights up "Oh and how easy it is to do music with a computer. You can plug in a key board and it will record it. Then you can change it alter it, add other instruments, and" she'd be blushing if she still did that "I agree." taking a quick sip.

"I need to make a list of all I need for moving here. Like a phone, computer, haven, and key board." taking a deep breath. "I am glad you've gotten out and about right now is such a fascinating time."
Back to top Go down
The King In Yellow
Methuselah
The King In Yellow

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

The King in Yellow waves his head dismissively.

"You will be my guest for as long as you are desiring of my hospitality. I even have a recording studio you may use if you wish. It currently has another purpose, but I have no problem with set changes."
Back to top Go down
Greer Harrington
Methuselah
Greer Harrington

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 pm

Her eyes light up "Really?" taking another small sip "You really make it hard to say no you know." in a low whisper. "Have you flown yet?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp   A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Song In The Woods: - The Castle Under the Swamp
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next